1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Gallery

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Earlier today...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. A good day out to Sammy Miller's today...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. G0017947.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Little ride around Essex..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Just bought this wee beauty of a 796. I have to say it ticks so many boxes. Yes, it doesn't have anywhere near the torque of the 1100 but it's powerband is so usable and it's so light and narrow it feels like a 125!

Mods-wise I have just fitted R&G aero crash protection, R&G oil cooler guard, GPR stainless deeptone full exhaust and a pair of new Michelin Pilot Road 4s.

The exhaust sounds amazing and I'm convinced it gives the bike a bit more low end grunt.
    The original system on these is so quiet and restrictive.

The GPR sounds like a box of nails (in a good way!) and now features lots of popping and banging on the over run!

GPR supplied a (sort of) tail tidy with the exhaust as the original system is under seat.
    It's a bit industrial looking but I've adapted it a bit to suit.

I had a pair of Oxford mini indicators lying around that I used but they were blinking erratically. Took me a while to figure out that they run 21W bulbs and the originals are 10W.
    I managed to find 10W equivalents but had to grind off a pin to make them fit.
    Everything works perfectly now thankfully!

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looks very, very smart.

I had a 796 before trading it in for the 821, sometimes wish I still did!

Have fun, which of course is guaranteed:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheers!

I don't think I could ever go back to a super bike now for road use!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Interesting. My Scrambler is my first bike with straight bars and am kind of interested now in Monsters and 'tards. I feel a lot more able to attack on the Scrambler than I do on my 749... with a bit more power and sophistication on the suspension it'd be a bit of a weapon. I imagine the 'tard is exactly this?

12. Well the 796 is the slowest of the range but is more useable IMO. It's plenty quick enough for the roads and you can really wring it's neck, which is fun!

The bigger displacement models are a hoot too but having ridden an 1100 I found that I was only able to safely use about 60% of what it was capable of on public b-roads.

13. These Hypermotards are the best kept secrets out there, more smiles per mile guaranteed!

• Like Like x 1
  14. @Fire3500 I'm not sure how many dealers have demo Hypermotards, I bought the 796 blind, but definitely try and get a demo ride on one

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Yep - I'm on my 3rd 1100 now...been through 3 of the 4 - I have an evo sp now....was eyeing up a slipper clutch just now....that's the next thing it really needs!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Termi fitted today...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information