1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Gallery

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

1. That's the problem - I think they would say...."that's how it runs.." and try to wriggle out of it...having said that my last hyper (1100evo) at low speed ran that way...coughing and spluttering at low speed, always dipping the clutch, in and out of 1st and second gear - I never realized how bad it was until Chris sorted it out...

2. But I don't want to get into a situstbwhere I get the software flashed and it turns out to be a mechanical fault and Ive invalidated my warranty

3. Well, if you find someone who knows what theyre doing then the stock ecu can be backed up, get the thing dyno'd, obviously make sure that that's the problem and away you go...any problems, go back to the dyno operator, get it flashed back to stock and return for warranty work....as a suggestion why not contact, or contact a few dyno operators - see if any of them do direct flash work to the ecu, on your model. Then see if they've had any in that have had your problems, and in turn, fixed....

Start with CJS - give him a ring on his mobile - explain the problem, see what he says...

4. Whereabouts are CJS? There isn't a little two plug Ecu like the older bikes. Don't know if that would make a difference. Also it doesn't run well enough to ride the 11 miles to work, let alone any distance!!

5. Bloody hell - you couldnt be any further away!! CJS are down in Clutton nr Bristol - about 10 mins from me..!

6. Not much good to me I'm afraid.

7. Shitter, I was going to say if you could get to me you could stay at our place, get it sorted and ride back...if it was rideable...

CJS was just an example - there are a few in the country - as one of the other lads was saying BSD performance do ecu flashing as well....

#327 comfysofa, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  8. My 1st Duc

DSCF2123.jpg

#328 Teebag, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Just picked up my bike ride home and just the same. And the dealer is saying put some mileage on it it will settle down, what a crock of you know what. They fixed the pipe shield hitting the frame said the pipe work was moving after installation. Do they really think people are that stupid. Anyway off around Italy tomorrow let see after my tour.

10. The difference is, mine was fine until about 950 miles. The engine died one night on the way home from work and it's been crap ever since. Most of the other problem bikes appear to have had the symptoms from new.

11. Yeah that's what's happened from new. But how can DUCATI sell a bike then when you take it back from problems they say yeah they all do that. The demo bike didn't. Ffs

12. How many of us have heard that Ducati have never heard of a faulty hyper?

13. image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. So the Sh*t running a common problem for the Hyper SP.

I just returned from a 2000m round trip across north Italy, it's almost impossible to ride through a town, village, in traffic at a constant speed without the bike hiccupping, coughing and splattering, and if your taking a long corner on the slight throttle opening, it's the same. The backfire it horrible on downshift to the point it's embarrassing.

So before I lose it with the dealer surely they all cant be the same. I read the report in the ride mag (newspaper) about the SP and now mention of the coughing and splattering.

Also, I was coming through the tunnels of Mt Blanc, when I lost all power, no throttle, the engine light and the triangle on the dash came up and the engine revved on it own fluctuating between 2800 and 3200. When looking at the errors it came up as "engine" which could be everything. After about 20 minutes reading the manual it was back to normal???

Passo de Gavi.jpg

#334 pegboy, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  15. You haven't fitted aftermarket levers like I did have you lol

16. no just a full termi system, but it doesn't cut out at all just coughs and splatters and at times it really jerks and once it starts I'm sure because of the RBW I make it worse, but surely this can not be right

17. I run a full termi and have had 2100 miles of hassle free running.

Mine is also fine at low revs, being 4000rpm upwards, below that it isn't great but Ducati v twins never have been.

Silverstone tomorrow will be a nice test for the alleged bullet proof engine.

18. Have a std 939, no mods yet - same erratic behavior at low RPMs, worst under heavy engine braking down twisty mountain road in traffic - this thing doesn't do slow. And then this morning she feels 10 times better, smoother, like a different bike - the only difference, the ambient air temperature - today was the 1st really warm day we have had, just a theory, but theres a cold spell due, so I am going to pay closer attention to the temps when she next misbehaves.

19. had similar problems at low RPM as the rest of the other 939SP owners, but have to say, it is starting to settle down the more use it gets. It definitely isn't a bike that like slow...
    When finances allow, Ill be taking to DWR in Bucks for a trip on the dyno and get it dialled in.
    Im very very very very very slowly beginning to like the bike!

20. ITAƆUᗡ

Lovely early autumn day today...

IMG_0705.JPG IMG_0699.JPG

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information