1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Gallery

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

1. 20240307_150054.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Very nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks much better than just plain red IMO - whose graphics kit did you use?

Now I find the DP Race seat on my 1100 becomes a bit butt-numbing after 80km or so, the seat on the 950 appears to be even thinner/potentially worse ........ is it uncomfortable?

4. It Zeta Graphics. Very good fit. I am going off it tho so looking to change it.
    No the seat is not comfortable. Ok forhakf an hour but that's it. Looking to get 1 made with gel under.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I used part of a Zeta Graphics kit for my 1100 Evo, their quality appears to be pretty good.

Lol re the seat, it sure does look like a bit of a plank to sit on!

6. Just did a 1000 mile trip to cornwall and back on it. Used a £15 seat pad from Ebay. Helped a little lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. New seat too ?

8. Finally had an improvement in the weather here in South Australia so registered the bike and took it out to blow away 3 months worth of dust and cobwebs (bike and me! :) )
    20240824_030204095_iOS.jpg
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Early model. Nice. Thought the weather would be nice there, alot more than here in England.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheers Paul, 2010 1100 Evo.

Common misconception re the weather here, it does actually get quite cold here in Australia, after all they do have snow and ski resorts in Victoria and NSW! Here in South Aus it is not that extreme but it can and does get down to lows of around 1* in our winter - which is now as it happens, (tho drawing to an end and heading in to our spring) Never as cold as a winter morning in Norfolk tho (where I originate from)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Didn't know that pal. Bet u don't miss it tho being here.
    Would like a go on the older model. Bet it's more fun.

12. Hi Paul, I have been here since 1990 so kinda settled :) I do not miss the UK particularly, it's mainly the fact that all of mine and my wife's family are there so do miss them (my wife is actually over there now for 3 weeks getting her 'family' fix)

As for the 1100, it is a good thing, much more basic and raw than the newer 4V watercooled versions - lots of grunt/torque to play with and a wicked noise with the non-baffled Termi 2-1, the pod air filter kit and open clutch cover. Granted the newer versions are probably quicker/smoother but they do have a lot more electronics on them - ride modes etc (the only modes on mine are Odometer, Trip and Clock :) )

Have to admit that I have not actually ridden 821/939/950 (only 4-valvers I have ridden are a 916 and 748SP I owned back in the 90's): I did have a 939 all lined up to buy but on the morning I was due to go and finalise the deal the 1100 popped up at another dealership, as it was on the way to where the 939 was I called in for a look and did not go any further! Walked in, saw it, put a deposit down without even riding it. It already had a lot of its current modes fitted, I have just added a few more along with the CF bodywork and graphics kit to make it a bit different.

I sometimes think I would like a 950SP but even if I was to get one I'd still keep the 1100 too :)
    20240316_235034706_iOS.jpg 20240802_054334046_iOS 1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information