1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Fell Off :(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by concrete_buffalo, Oct 14, 2015.

1. I hope you've got leathers. It's normally when you go through the third pair of jeans that you suddenly realise the wisdom of buying some.

2. Try not to fall off again :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have to say I never dropped my bike only when I lost the front end

I was re taught to put both feet down when I came to a standstill and again keeping them off pegs until I had taken off
    That saved a couple of stalls and cambers in the road

4. gliddofglood, that was my initial plan, but... my sister's fiance is a (push) bike mechanic so he might can lend a hand!

He did suggest crash bungs, and... I think that'd be wise. A tiny chip of paint came off the tank - I'd hate it to be a dent if I dropped it again :eek:

5. That's a very good idea. Going to start doing this on launch!

• Like Like x 1
  6. What do they say? "A bung in time saves lots of ££££".
    You're probably right.

Having no great mechanical ability myself, I have always adopted the "get the pros to fix it and pay the bill" attitude. I do other things. I don't expect them to do those. Anyway, how expensive can it be? Doesn't sound very pricey.

7. Crash bungs on a 1098 would mean cutting holes in your fairing, unless you were to fit the under body type ones.
    Set of GB Racing engine covers wouldn't hurt either. After dropping mine on diesel whilst coming to a stop at a round-a-bout it's a little piece of mind that could mean the difference between getting home or not under your own power

• Like Like x 1
  8. They're probably there already now....

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I had to stop wearing my jeans when I bought the SF. I always put my left foot down and keep the right on the back brake to control pulling away. But the jeans were too baggy round the ankle. Went to put my foot down at a junction and naturally lent the bike to the left to favour that side and my trouser leg got caught on the gear shifter. I was slowly going over like a felled tree. Big queue of cars behind as well - there would be.
    My trouser leg came free in the nick of time but it was a heart in mouth moment. I stick to my leathers now.

Nearly dropped a brand new BMW 1200GS in a similar fashion on a test ride (£1000 excess). Put my left foot out early intending to roll onto it as I came to a stop and found I'd brought it down on top of the left cylinder. Stupid invention, the boxer engine. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Glad you're ok, thats the main thing! Your bike will repair, it easily done that, the last time I did it I found myself trying to put as much of myself between the bike and the road to avoid damage but that hurts, got away with just an scraped engine casing.

11. They've made a set that doesn't require cutting, I had these on my 848 before I changed to a pani.

Frame sliders Ducati 848/ Evo 08-13 Carbon

They will fit the 1098/1198

I'll dig out a pic of my old bike, you can hardly notice them and the weave used on the Delrin slider is quite discreet.

12. Dropped.the 748 on a brand new set of fairing fresh from a major rebuild. Pulling out of a junction, my road, with a new clutch. Tried setting off where the old bite point was not the new one and down we went. Scratches on fairing and snapped indicator. Never has a man been so angry with no one else to blame

13. I have the oem clutch lever if you need one, in my garage doing nothing. It's from an 1198 so think it is black from memory.

14. Glad you're okay.

Damage sounds minimal which is good, although it always looks worse when it happens to you, feels like the worlds just ended?

Be back on it in no time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ouch, sorry to hear that. I got my 1098s ecu flashed, sorted any potential stalling issues ( which I had twice ) and made the throttle response / fueling more fluid, money well spent.

Hope the bike is not too bad.

16. This must have happened to me about half a dozen times with my kevlar jeans. I'm so used to it now, just a quick flick backwards and forwards again frees everything up. I'm quite relaxed about it, I think it comes from riding mountain bikes with clip in pedals, where sometimes you have to be seriously quick with the flick of your ankle to disengage from the pedals.

17. I'm just down the road a bit if you need a hand.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PM me when you've looked at replacement parts if you need them fitting.

19. Under the radar, very nice.

20. Will someone come and fit my parts for me? xxx

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information