1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Fell Off :(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by concrete_buffalo, Oct 14, 2015.

1. it is certainly very stable at slow speeds ;)

2. Oooh, I forgot RST made boots as well :D

Thank you for the tips :) I hope to be back out soon as well! It's a lovely day out there right now, but I'm sitting here waiting for parts :/ guess I should do some washing, huh. Wow: the fun.

I'd recommend looking up at the horizon / where you want to end up - if you look at the ground, you'll drive into the ground lol

3. Reminds me of this:

4. Correct. Target fixation works at any speed, Whether you're doing tight turns at walking pace in a carpark or taking a fast bend at 100mph the bike will go where you are looking.
    It feels unnatural to ride a bike with the bars on a tight lock and the tendency is to look forwards as you would when riding at normal pace. If you do that the bars will straighten up and you won't be able to hold the turn however hard you try.Turn you head and look over your shoulder in the direction you want the bike to go and you'll be able to go round in circles.
    We all know this but it never hurts to remind ourselves. I'll bet target fixation is the one error that causes more riders to crash than any other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Totally agree. Target fixation was an issue when I smashed up my 748R. I'd just fitted rear sets and the gear lever was in the wrong place - found I was in the wrong gear going into a right hand bend - also got distracted by the freewheel effect of the slipper clutch - saw I was heading slightly toward the outside kerb due to the camber - stared at the outside kerb instead of looking to the inside of the bend and leaning the bike over - the bike then followed my eyes into the kerb.

Now when I find myself even remotely becoming target fixated I will actually tell myself out loud "move your f'king head you *@%#!"

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Sorry to hear about your off. Atleast you're ok and the bike isnt totally fucked.

Yeah target fixation suprisingly causes so many offs yet it's so simple.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information