1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iconic Things you own.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by peter james, Mar 4, 2014.

1. A couple of others...

Bose Sound Dock
    iPod Classic
    Roberts Radio

[​IMG]

2. i'm still fertile, a bit of a rarity around theses parts. :smile:

3. I have a Bic biro. . .blue, a classic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iconic beauty - don't know if I 'own' her, but we've been married 30 years

Nia '86.JPG

Nia '86.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  5. v.nice. v.cool. :smile:

6. My Duke obviously....but I think my RS250 is getting pretty iconic....

1097661_10152097654699535_1439450753_o.jpg

1097661_10152097654699535_1439450753_o.jpg

7. I'm so jealous, should not have sold my 250, at the time I thought it was about right at £2500 as I only paid £2000 and it needed pistons changing, 1 year later they were going for £4500 if they were tidy and now around £4500-5500 if really mint

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aye, this was stored in a mates attic for years and had to be lifted down and recommissioned. Its on an 06 plate too! Great fun but I remembered them being a lot faster when I was 19!

9. They still do okay as long as the power valves are set up just right and they aren't too rich; I loved mine but it was also pretty full on!

• Like Like x 1
  10. But that's my missus.......seriously..........

• Like Like x 2
  11. Got a set of Natwest Pigs

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mine as well, I had a quad bypass on mine.... :biggrin:

13. Things don't get any more iconic than my Gibson Les Paul (a Custom) and my Fender Strat (a Deluxe). So long as they are both the genuine American article, they are iconic.

I don't know if my 999 is iconic. I suspect not. You'd need an older Ducati maybe like a 916.

My iPhone 4 is definitely not iconic. The only iconic Mac is perhaps the Plus, or SE, SE30 or one of those variants.
    I think I have an old Sony Walkman somewhere, but maybe I've thrown it out.

I do have a cuckoo clock - that's a bit iconic. And I naturally have a Swiss Army knife, but it's not red.

14. My kids.
    Because there are no others like them.
    So individual and special

15. A 999, definitely an icon. A 1945 Zippo lighter that I still use. A VHS cassette of 'Debbie does Dallas' ( no VHS player but I'm keeping it anyway). A stone washed Levi shirt with pearl press stud buttons from the 70's.

OGR

16. I'd say the 999 is very definitely iconic in race trim: it's an instantly recognisable image from Ducati's period of WSBK dominance.

The 916 is the more iconic road bike however, simply for how it tore up the rules of sports bike design and left so many who saw it just plain gobsmacked :smile:

No other bike since has had quite the same impact.

17. Nop doesn't count.

18. In my microcosm afraid it does lol :beer:
    Half the materialistic bullshit replies on this thread arent lol
    Just pointless drivel about iphones and guitars and toasters

#58 Phill, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  19. Ray Ban Wayfarer

20. N reg Astra 134,000 miles
    M600 monster in red

Going to check my boxes in the attic

Do Not Sell My Personal Information