1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iconic Things you own.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by peter james, Mar 4, 2014.

1. The 356 is definitely top trumps, you win!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. She wants £375 for it :smile:

PM me if you're interested and I can put you in touch with her.

3. What's not iconic about a strat?

Surely one of the most iconic musical instruments!

:)

4. Apart from a couple of half coconut shells..........:wink:

#104 Ghost Rider, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It is THE shape of the electric guitar.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't know about winning... Its a long way from winning anything right now!

7. You have the V5, it's in your garage, who cares!!! :upyeah:

Biggest regret I have was not buying a 1973 Carrera RS MOT failure in 1996 for £15,000, should have bought and stuck it in storage without doing anything to it :mad:

8. Breitling Navitimer A13330
    Swatch
    Commodore 64
    Atari 2600
    Binatone TV Master
    Adidas Superstar trainers - In excess of 20 pairs :)
    Fila Borg tracksuit, original 80's.

9. Which angles are these? When a 916 is parked in front of it? :tongue:

10. my puss more than makes up for it.. :upyeah:

11. Erm... I've got one of the last V12 Jags but it's a 1995 so worth sod all, a 1994 gsxr 1100 but it's water cooled so worth sod all, a 1997 TL1000 but it's in pieces so worth sod all and a 2000 996SPS but there's nothing original so worth sod all. Everything else I own is just old tat so worth sod all.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I've got David Coulthard's steering wheel from the MP4/14 hanging on my wall. It would've been worth summat if he'd died in that helicopter crash...

13. Or if he'd ever been as good as Hakkinen

• Like Like x 1
  14. Atari 2600
    Audiolab 8000C with a pair of 8000M mono blocks

An Alessi cheese grater.

A Valentino Rossi clock?

15. Another Dualit fan. Great toaster that never dies you just replace the component. Not great for company turnover but though expensive, the lifetime cost is cheap.

My favourite though is the discontinued (Why????) Dualit Radio that looks and sounds gorgeous. Puts a smile on my face:
    [​IMG]
    Still worth buying 2nd hand if you can find one :upyeah:

Others:
    Cyrus hi fi - Individual timeless classic design, upgradeable and class leading sound quality.
    Leatherman - Solid tool, lasts a lifetime
    Barbour jacket

16. I've had lots of iconic "things" over the years... Guess that's history for ya.

17. Completely agree, I have a Leatherman Wave in the car, fantastic iconic piece of design, and like you I love my Barbour, my beadale is now 30 years old a bit frayed, but I still wear it.

another iconic classic Timberland deck shoes! one pair I have are 25 years old, still going strong!

18. Oh man just remembered what I had (but haven't now :frown: ) , a pair of them Wrangler cowboy boots ,I think they had a snake up the boot . Nostalgia eh !

19. With respect how many shapes can you really make a guitar.
    Hardly iconic lol

20. Gorgeous cars unfortunately out of my budget :frown:

Only thing I think is iconic I have is a Spectrum 48k boxed as new with all the other hardware such as interface 1, 2, microdrives, loads of games oh and the cartridges for the interface 2. My 899 is too new to be considered iconic but maybe in 15/20 years it will be.

Oh and any iphone, pad etc is NOT iconic!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information