1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Identify Part

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Joe44, Feb 8, 2023.

1. £10 posted, any good?

2. And I’ve also got the M14 titanium bolt witch goes goes through the linkage replacing the two alloy torx bolts. Was used in Superbikes. Seen fitted in the photo.

3. I’ll have a nice purple one for sale soon if you fancy ??

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. PM sent

5. Would probably work - I have never tried it that method - Alignment has to be perfect as the bolt get’s pinched if it’s not.

The best method I have found is to put the bike on a rear paddock stand for stability then take the seat off and thread a ratchet strap through the subframe to suspend the rear from my garage roof joists. That way I know 100% that the bike can’t fall over and nothing will move while I’m working.

A single click on the ratchet allows fine adjustment so if you take the weight just right the bolt slides out with no force at all.

#26 LiveFast......, Feb 9, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. @bootsam cheers, but I’ve got enough tat on me Pani already. There is a limit; or so people keep telling me:D:D

• Like Like x 1

7. I just use a set of peg stands and lower the rear wheel with the rear stand. lets you be able to leaver up and down slightly to wiggle out the bolts etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The first time I swapped a shock that’s what I did but the next time I had folding pegs so this was much quicker.

Comparing the 2 methods, I found the strap superior as I took the shock to get the spring changed and left everything hanging there - came back and just slid the bolts back in - no wiggling - no need for a 2nd pair of hands everything was perfectly aligned as I had left it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I just use a 4x4 section block of wood between tyre and subframe...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anyone reading this is going to get a certain impression of our various methods! :joy:

98E45740-EE4C-446F-A37A-68C48A8977E3.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. They all sound better than having someone hold the back of the bike up while I piss about with the bolt

• Like Like x 1
  12. anything that works can be classed as a 'solution' ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. For supporting your bike...an ABBA stand is your friend. Coupled with a paddock stand if need be.

14. Must be the ‘terrorist’ who painted the 851 I purchased BITD that was painted Metallic Purple FFS.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. A very brave man to buy that bike! I hope you gave it a bloody good check over!!

16. It’s only a few purple bolts

17. Talkin 'bout Ducatiscuds metallic purple 851. A few purple bolts not so bad, could easily sell on to a gixer owner!

18. Oh right yes that one would require some courage
    Oh right! :) there’s a bike that need love for everyone. Although trying to source original bolts for these purple horrors is more work and costly than I thought

19. It’s actually cheaper to replace them with good quality titanium and stainless than it is with original Ducati fixings thanks to the ridiculous Ducati spares pricing!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information