1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Thinking Of Turning Pikey.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Coaches are generally dearer than buses, and run up much higher mileages before they sell 'em off. Buses, on the other hand, have much less in the way of storage, and have relatively piddly engines. I'm not sure which way to go. The only thing I'm sure of is that I don't want to buy a purpose-built camper, they're way too dear, and I want to build it myself anyway.

2. I've thought seriously about making a motor home/bike transporter out of a 7.5 T lorry with a 20 Ft body. Roomier, cheaper, more durable than a van derived camper and more practical than a bus. I wouldn't live in it. At least not in this country. You'd struggle to find somewhere to park up and you'd never have a square foot of ground to yourself or a moment's peace. But You could put your bike in the back (I'd have a mini workshop in mine) and transplant home and garage to practically anywhere you liked.

3. Once youve bought your bus,you could buy a cheap damaged caravan and transfer the innards to the bus.Everything is the right scale,innit.

4. my sisters got a cracker for sale, hose box easy fit 3bikes in and work bench.and a tail door ramp. good size living/sleeping area. 6k?

5. Kinda Hippo Pikey?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I'll take the cracker if it's a cream one, don't need the rest of the tat though :)

7. deffo, you got more than enough tat already.
    you bought that pony yet?

8. Nope, Easter bunny next :)

9. You can park anywhere in Scotchland can you not? finm's garden even :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hasn't Domski got a old coach/bus?

11. I like the idea of your sisters HOSE box!
    Do you have any recent pictures. Clearly she's quite adventurous if she's had three in it at the same time. Must look up TP in urban dictionary. The rest of the stuff...well I thought I was broard minded, but clearly I haven't lived.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. obviously.
    upload_2015-3-20_6-55-19.jpeg
    not this one but same model.

13. Get the kettle on Fin. Milk, no sugar, eggs sunny side up and bacon crispy please. :)

14. no problemo, any time. :upyeah::smile:

15. I've took the same decision although i haven't read whether this is tongue-n-cheek....

Tribal-Living

That is the best forums for uk conversions. In the forums near bottom 'living-in-vehicles' you will find a thread from me from doing many of hours research for more sites/builds.

If you're money is vast check out Expedition Portal

Finally the one build i missed off of that list yonks ago... Deep Red - A self-build motorhome - beds & seats

(now i will read the thread)

16. I have been looking at vehicles lately not to live in but for the bike for track days and some of the 7.5t race transporters you can pick up for the money look fantastic, anywhere from £3500 upwards and would make a great motorhome.

17. Figaro what license do you have? You got grandfathers rights for 7.5ton i imagine. Probably worth getting your C2 so you can buy a vehicle upto 18 ton (you'd also need CPC).

My own project is designed to be open-plan bar the bathroom/toilet. Keeping things simple is the main objective of a d.i.y design. So that if anything breaks its easy to get too or if you wish to upgrade its not tough to unscrew what you put in.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information