Improved Headlight??

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Pablo Pirate, Aug 22, 2012.

1. That's the one I've got in me Fleabay watch list - looking for me spare headlight to do some measurements.

Also seen HID kit on Flea bay, might give the one Yets has highlighted???

Looking at replacement 7 x 5 headlight, issue will be mounting the plastic frame......

Just ideas whizzing round in the old noggin

2. I've got one of them Pablo, got it a while back but haven't got round to it fitting it on the bike yet. Have tried it out and looks to work well, wanted to adapt a race nose cone I have but haven't found a position/design that looks good yet.

3. If you don't want HID's why not just go for an osram nightbreaker bulb? - probably the best of the bunch really.

The HID lamp will provide a better light and draw less power than a conventional bulb even on HI beam as the ballast pack does the work, but the limiting factor is still the parabola and the lens. Projector lights don't give a spread of light as they don't have a parabola, but give a beam, which is why you see more than one of them on a vehicle.

We could all chip in and have an OEM headlamp redesigned - current rate is around 300K :eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information