1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Increase?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by NBB, May 12, 2023.

1. When the bike is KO'd in a crash, do they pay up to the value you provided, or market value? Wouldn't want to undervalue if that would bite me back later.

But good tip, appreciate it

2. Mines a base panigale v4 so it was about 22k new, the insurance company gave its renewal based on the new price when it was a year old, with 6k on the clock I thought £19995 was what it’s worth
    I’ve a mate tho who’s undervalued his new panigale r to keep the price down

3. My renewal quote has just come in. It’s the same as last year, £150.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It always makes me chuckle when they ask me the value of the vehicle I’m insuring. I just say market value, but they insist that I tell them what it’s worth. I then say that as the call is recorded, will they pay me the exact amount I specify and insure the vehicle for, in the event of a total loss, they then say no. What a strange industry.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The insurance industry is a scam.

like many things at the moment. We are being ripped off

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Makes you wonder how many people are in on it to not bother to change the state of things...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Had my renewal yesterday from BeMoto who have always been competitive. I did a quick comparison and seemed expensive, about £200 more, I rang them and they just said nothing we can do, that’s the price, we’re not getting the support from our underwriters this year. Good news is I’ve gone with Ducati Insurance, bad news another friggin app I have to download on my phone to get the documents.

8. I've been doing few runs, changing thigs around, and managed to knock off £200, so it's now annual £500. A bit better, but will call Ducati insurance, and Bennets on Monday, see if they can beat it. My hopes are low.

9. I've downsized my yacht & got rid of a few fourbyfour's. Sold several humble abodes & aquired a seat on the Chinese-Russian moon base, sod you all.

/then I woke up

#29 GunZenBomZ, Jul 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I had the same problem with BeMoto, my last insurance with them was just over £400, this year they wanted £900, I too called them and ask why, considering the bike is a year older, no accidents or convictions, depreciated in value, etc, and I got the same reply, needless to say they have also lost my custom.

11. Mines gone up....500 last year....they said a month back "650" to which i thought...cunts...but then i left it right up til the day before and they emailed me with a renewal price of 572 so i took it on the chin with that amount...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information