1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Insurance

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by broke, May 15, 2014.

1. One thing I bumped up against was the fitted 'security' question. Ducati insurance confirmed to me that the immobiliser was classed as a 'factory fitted Ducati security system'.

Bennetts seemed to be unsure about this, and I've got some concerns that the insurance companies actually mean the additional optional aftermarket alarm. My renewal with Bennets had listed it though.

The policy was with Equity Red Star for both companies, so if they go back on their word I may have some comeback.

2. Adelaide are good. Do an IAM course and pass the test and the IAM Surety is even better (also via Adelaide, but with a discount).

3. T4M, I had problems convincing my insurance company that it was factory fitted, kept on wanting to know the name of the fitter ? They must have done some research as they agreed some time later and was acceptable.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. More lanes and practice enduro days than competing,getting old dont seem to have the lungs n legs for a 2 hour enduro event anymore but still cracking bike,

5. Whoops, just noticed this is a mutli thread, sorry. 2k was for a Pani s doing 6k a year. 37, no convictions, I did write off an 18 month old bike in jan 2012, 1 years no claims at the point I insured it and riding 3 years. DI was the only place that would touch me too, no one else was interested.

6. No I didn't say I pay £2k, I said MCE is the only one offering below £2k :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information