1200 Is It Just The Multi?!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by bradders, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Is there an equivalent for bikes to the JD Power survey for cars ?

I would also say that if reliability was good then an individual may have the odd issue, but it seems there are some people who are having multiple issues which suggests that it isn't just the odd problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. How many of the 8000 are registered on here?

3. Six :(

4. And only 5 complaints meaning 17% of owners are elated with their multis...See, there is a positive, they are not all s**t..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. A global figure no doubt, how many in the UK (yes, the Internet is global, but this forum is UK focused), 500 possibly?

6. I have mentioned on here (somewhere) before that dedicated forums like this attract people with problems looking for answers through google, so they can be over represented.

Even though my own multi has niggles SMC have been very good at getting it in and seen to so far, it's in this Thursday for the self destructing tail light and could have been seen earlier if my time off allowed it...

I still love this bike and its character... My AA card lives in my wallet and I have upgraded my cover.

#86 Stonesie, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  7. Funnily enough I spoke to a Ducati dealer on Wednesday who said exactly the same thing.... Ducati are aware of issues when they release the bikes but use us as guinea pigs to actually find the issues and other unknown issues. Such as 899 dashes melting top left hand corner and Multi dashes scratching.

8. I've worked for a Tier 1 automotive supplier for over 20 years , you wouldn't believe some of the shit that get released , It is a bit of a shitter when it's your own hard earned cash , however it's also incredibly naïve to believe you shouldn't have issues when something is new and cost 16K
    They are only an assembly plant after all.
    To be honest from an OEM's perspective weighing up the cost of a global recall versus appeasing some middle aged farts who are unhappy that some "graduate arsewipe purchasing guy" decided to by the bikes fork seals from playdough is a no brainer.
    Usually with cars by year 3 of production they are trying to push out even more cost with even cheaper components , so it usually gets worse from a quality perspective IMO.
    I still love my bike though , it's proper on it's day.........
    Watch out for my " This fucking bike is shit" rant if I break down on the way to Mugello next month.......
    It's great being fickle :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. :tonguewink:

#89 Hyperextended, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  10. My 11 plate has done 16k, been pretty good, had issue with clocks, changed by Ducati 2 years ago, and just starting to have intermittent fuel sender problem, currently waiting for new one to arrive.

So on the whole, I've been pretty lucky compared with some stories you hear on here.

11. I will say I had well over 25,000km on all of them when traded . So well used [emoji106][emoji106]

12. I've loved mine-still do, even tho' it's going off tomorrow in exchange for a BMW. It shows the glimmer on the indicator lights at times, blew one fork seal only a few weeks after its purchase, and let me down with a duff fuel injection relay in the pouring rain once, but I'd have another PROVIDED I could get a trade-in deal! My local dealer refused it and all other 2010/11/12 Multis!
    I'll miss it.

13. My 2010 S now has 32500 miles on it. Just had 30K service so going to keep it for at least a little while longer. Still going strong! (Touch wood)

14. When I started looking for my first Ducati I knew it would be a Strada. I had the money for brand new, test rode a few and had a go of a mates 1000 ds and read many of the threads and posts in here and other Ducati/Strada forums.

The thing that kept resonating was, the 1200 strada is a bloody good bike when everything is working, what appeared to be the issue is quite a lot of them appeared not to be working all of the time.

That tempted me to go old and mechanical rather than new and technical

Do Not Sell My Personal Information