1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is The St Coming Back?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by gliddofglood, Dec 19, 2015.

1. image.jpeg
    Obviously no one has told KTM there is no market for ST's.
    Personally I think a Monster with a fairing is the way to go....wait a minute, doesn't the picture above look a little like a Monster with a fairing?

2. Exactly! Just needs the Panniers/Top box for extended trips.
    Craig

3. You don't get 103 lb'ft of torque at 6750 rpm with a Monster though..
    You don't with a Multistrada either come to that...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mega power doesn't make a 1000km ride quicker or better.

Craig

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Torque makes everything better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yes it does. :D

7. Agreed, mega power isn't what you want to tour with. Torque....yes.
    But a top box!!!!!! Come on? I know they're useful but I just can't stand them.

8. A top box should be an optional extra and it would be nice if someone came up with quick fitting top plate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I prefer a top box to panniers. Don't like filtering with panniers and hate seeing a gap I could fit through without them

10. It was with the original ST, panniers & box are removed or fitted very easily. I have both, but don't find the top box necessary unless we need an ice box for our beer once stopped. :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  11. 30 seconds to remove both panniers and top box in my case, is that fast enough? I have found that a top box on its own when ridden solo gets a little "weavey" when pressing on. The panniers never cause this

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. One thing that seems to be getting missed by everyone - maufacturers and customers alike - is that a good sport-tourer needs a decent pillion seat. Hardly any bike, in any class, these days seems to have a decent back seat. Doesn't anyone ever carry a passenger anymore?

( Apart from BMW, obviously,,, And I'm not old enough for one of them yet... )

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah, it does!!:smilingimp:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Multistrada is the perfect sports tourer for me. Awesome back seat too.

15. Megafactories Ducati episode

This explains why the ST is not coming back, unfortunately.

Craig

16. Multistrada is a bit more "adventure bike" than sport-tourer - and is a bit tall for me...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I used to have BMWs but I am too old for them now, so I only have Ducatis.

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information