1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Is The V2 Series Ending?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by SirDucalot, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Not even a decent exhaust?

2. you do get a ridiculously over complicated fuel cap though sir! But no, I’m afraid an exhaust you don’t. Even if they supplied it in the box it would be a differentiator buy urgh so bored now of Ducatis marketing strategy.

interestingly looking at comments online most seem to share the view

3. I was in a dealer today. Same as Bayliss but different paint, carbon swing arm cover (big deal!) and adjustable footrests. And close to £24k. I will definitely pass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. It will still sell though wont it, however many low mileage versions turn up on flea bay in 6 months time.
    Its a lovely looking bike if youve never seen/owned a ducati before tbf. Its got a shiny plaque blah blah.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Holy shit.
    Ignore my previous comment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Limited to 555 worldwide. Yawn.

7. Oh well at least you’ll never see one on the road.
    Case closed.

8. 24k, ouch that’s v4 money!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The grey tank just looks shit :astonished: !!

10. Someone looked up the 1198R and V4 Foggy decals, mish mashed it together, and hey presto, new paint scheme!!
    Feels like Ducati marketing is run by Tik Tok influencers. Look around in the parts bin, concoct up some nonsense and sell to the masses

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I actually reviewed the specs yesterday, am a big fan of the V2 model as its a great bike

Base model 17.5k so already premium price basically
    (the rear shock is beyond useless so need to spend money to sort that otherwise a great road bike)

Bayliss model 19.8k - Very premium priced
    Sorted the suspension (And a carbon bit here and there) - Not a massive fan of the paint scheme but each to there own

New stupid version - 23.5k
    4K more than the bayliss for rizoma rear sets and gold engine casings/carbon covers and a few carbon bits here and there. And to be honest, about the worst special edition paint job I can recall but again we will call it marmite

I didnt pay a huge amount more than that for a new V4S recently. No doubt however, it will sell but with options on 1299 FE's around that price now days too would have to be mad!

12. Ducati are taking the fucking piss lately, with all these ‘special’ editions, that are nothing more than a paint job.

13. interesting comment about the 1299FE, worth remembering that came out basically with the Superlegerra/Panigale R engine in it, I can’t remember but it was a ‘proper’ final with the exhausts etc. that’s the sort of thing this should be for £24k

imagine the bike above, but with full carbon fairings (like a early R bike), forged wheels off the 1299 s (or similar) and Stylema brakes, and maybe the akrapovic slip ons and stand and bike cover in a box (like the old models), then you have a ‘special’

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Parts bin special.

Literally just end of the line bits they would have to scrap if they can't sell them, even down to magnesium casings from the bigger engined V2.

15. Looks are subjective obviously but I think it looks pretty good. I expect it to look a lot better in the flesh. I enquired as if it were an R type spec then I would have considered it. BUT.
    My Bayliss is already better spec’d than that with the exception of the pegs. But I’d never put Rizoma pegs on anyway (just sold a pair of Bonamici as it happens which are really good). And my petrol cap is a genuine DP item that doesn’t need a plastic fob to open it.
    Not tempted at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I'd pop one in my vast garage if time and money were no object, it IS rather pretty.

17. Threads merged

18. Just thinking of the 2024 specials…

Monster 30 Anniversario
    Monster Senna
    Streetfighter Supreme
    Diavel Bentley
    Panigale V2 FE
    Panigale V4 Bagnaia
    Panigale V4 Bautista
    Panigale V4 Anniversario

… and we’re only 6 months into the year.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Here's a plan for Ducati. To sell 60,000 bikes per year, offer 120 special editions of 500 bikes each. Job done!

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information