1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a better UK road than the A483 Newtown to Builth Wells?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by DukeXTC, Jun 7, 2013.

1. I'm a traffic cop. Thanks for the info guys :upyeah:

:wink:

2. Damn you pesky cops! We'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for your powers of deduction :wink:

3. Mmmmm,I think there might be a grass!

4. I'm also a drugs officer. Thanks for the tip off :wink:

5. crieff to fort William .Inverness to john o groats to ullapool to applecross . Blairgowrie to the lecht Oban to Inverary .Inverary to stirling :biggrin::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. +1
    scotland has some amazing roads

7. A 82 A 85 Inverrary Oban Glencoe Tarbet Stay in Luss! Superb stuff.

I knew the A483 before the speed limits and shellgrip. Still a superb road.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks like there are no decent roads down here...time to head North of Winchester I think!

9. I know it well.... Very well! Are there any others?

10. Head out towards amd past Salisbury, towards Devizes etc but check out the B rather than A roads too. Ridden a few summer rides out here, rough idea of where we were going and tough and technical in parts (especially as never ridden them before) which is a fun way to test and hone obs and riding skills. I picked up my mapsource software, looked for twisty roads and planned it that way.

You can then mve n north to Cotswolds, east towards Oxford then south via Wantage as a loop

11. i like lymington to christchurch to ringwood to sailsbury nice local route,
    i know a few good runs through the forest, just got to watch the horses though
    one of my favourites is the run from weymouth to lyme, up to crewkerne, then to Salisbury, you need to join us on some of them

12. Just pick any road in Wales and its a winner.

13. The best biking roads are in Lincolnshire, they are great but are better than anywhere else because they are empty!

My personal favourite is the B1190 Bardney to Horncastle Road. Give it a go if you're passing :smile:

14. Especially the ones out of Wales :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. You stick to wobbling around the roundabouts in Yorkshire

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's coz no one wants to go there! Lol

17. No wobbling happens here, my friend :smile:

18. Apart from real bikers :cool:

19. A830 to Malaig (Gods own race track!)............Melmerby to Alston on A686....A5092 to Grizebeck. And only the Alston road has much in the way of enforcement and that is typically near Melmerby.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information