1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle Of Man Tt - 2022

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Advikaz, May 16, 2022.

1. Twats

Changing the subject, what happened to Brookes/PBM?

Not seen or heard anything……

2. I’d guess it would be along the same line as the Dunlop pbm thing?

3. Maybe mate. But odd though as he got out in the NW, so I was pretty sure we’d see him on the Isle….

• Like Like x 1
  4. He was on Chasin' the Racin' podcast and talked about this. He asked Birdy for a TT ride and it wasn't viable. The NW200 worked out but not the TT.

• Like Like x 1
  5. He’s doing north west not TT

6. The TT+ streaming
    Similarly, during Superbike qualifying, weak presenters ‘interviewing’ in pits with questions that could have been asked in depths of winter. When the bikes are out, that’s what we want to see, otherwise what’s the point of live coverage?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Like the question to Lee Johnston about what a good TT would mean….

Errrr, to win? :thinkingface:: unamused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Michael Dunlop - the man who some people wrote off has just done the lap record in supersport.

129.47mph lap on a 600 !

pretty nuts, MD is only 33 and has nearly caught McPint in overall TT wins already

#69 Advikaz, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Really interesting interview with MD where he talks about the Ducati pbm situation as well as the fiasco with the R1 a few years back (lies from teams etc)

Long and short of it was that they didn’t do enough testing. Lots of testing cancelled. Pbm underestimated how much work needed doing to get the bike usable for the TT. Bike wasn’t good enough and MD didn’t want to ride a bike just for the money.

pbm weren’t committed to it and MD didn’t want to be part of a half hearted attempt.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Love him or not hes usually pretty honest isnt he.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Got a lot of time for him tbh.

he made some very enlightening comments about the lightweight Tt as well. People throwing as much money at them as the supersport bikes because they’re all tuned the motors don’t last 5 seconds.

some of them are doing new cranks every session at the TT LOL! Says he doesn’t see the point and that the capacity just keep rising and rising.

• Like Like x 1
  12. This also appiles to the Birchall brothers with Dave Molyneux's record being smashED at some stage..

#73 XH558, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. why isnt the press all over MD like they are the others? his name alone suggests he should get more of the limelight?

14. It’s always a difficult one to judge isn’t it.

Most of the riders will admit that despite the fact the modern bikes are faster, the course is also faster and they’re easier to ride as well.

they’re all sensational riders. When you think of some of the shite boxes that have done some serious laptimes round that place back when they had less power, shit tyres, not the best brakes and suspension lifted off a Victorian pram haha

laptimes haven’t changed THAT much considering all the progression in the machines and the course

15. He doesn’t like the limelight mate. Steers well clear of it and thinks it’s all bullshit

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. well i like him. cant see the sponsors clamouring over him like they do PH et al

17. Without doubt these riders are very special on a road course that distance with all the road furniture and traps inplace ready to take them out if not on their A game. it's was only yesterday at the car show that i said to someone about the motogp boys.......nancy boys with only 25 laps.

• Agree Agree x 1

18. Me too.

tbh, looking at his leathers over the years it looks to me like his sponsors have largely stayed the same throughout.

He rally’s at a pretty good level as well so
    I don’t think he’s short of a Bob or two

19. i expect PHs new deal with that US gas monkey thingy has paid for a few nights out. in fairness though he seems to be delivering his end of the bargain too

• Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information