1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle Of Man Tt - 2022

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Advikaz, May 16, 2022.

1. The TT wouldn’t be the TT without the highest of risks. If no one wanted to race then there is then a clear case that it is no longer viable. However, from what I can see is there is a long list of people prepared to dedicate everything they have to learn and race the course. Riders like Hutchy and Cummins whom have been rebuilt from the feet up ,continue to go flat out in search of a win. Absolute bullshit to even talk about shutting it down FFS .

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. You're entitled to your opinion, but nobody is forcing you to watch the TT if you don't want to or even acknowledge that it goes on. I don't know what you're looking for here...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. He comes across as a thoroughly nice man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My point was that to climb Everest / K2 etc is seen as the pinnacle of mountain climbing ,as the TT is the pinnacle of real road racing , so not irrational or irrelevant ,they both have huge rewards tempered with a lot of risk .

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Climbing Everest is actively enabled and rarely death free.

6. You know there might be a position available running the country soon, and a U turn like that suggests you have the required attributes to apply.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Tuff for MD but good news for PH with three wins, can he get the five and match IH record or will Michael take revenge in the next one.
    HUX-0624.JPG

8. On the same machines it seemed a very even match... luck failed MD with a DNF, depriving us of what could have been a thrilling finish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It’s regrettable, it’s sad. Thoughts go to family and friends of course.
    But, you can’t take away the individual options in free choice in choosing their destiny’s.
    So, I disagree with you.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I just wish I was an hell of a lot younger and an hell of a lot more skill full at riding a bike to be able to race the TT…..and knowing the stats I wouldn’t think twice given the opportunity.
    Exactly…..how many riders are killed on the roads, and yet it doesn’t stop us from riding

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Think some are giving Tommy an unjust hard time. Sometimes, decisions have to be made to protect people from themselves. TT closing would be like that. And imho you can’t compare climbing with racing on the road, chalk and cheese for both risk profiles and volume of people (and skill) doing it.

But you have to wonder: why do loads die on TT when there isn’t really ‘racing’ as not many overtakes when road racing has very few and they are block passing and overtaking all over the place.

Ask yourself: why does it keep going and what human cost is acceptable for financial gain?

BTw as many or more die at the Manx too.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Will you stop hogging all the disagrees? I'm the dick head round here and don't you forget it!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  13. 100% agreed but before that they're swapping places and that was 75% of the entertainment for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think it would be a sad day when an event or even a pastime was removed or banned for being too dangerous. Certain individuals like to put themselves at risk to achieve certain goals. That might be the TT, squirrel suiting or stepping in a MMA ring. The only caveat ought to be if the death and destruction becomes the spectacle.
    'Few places in this world are more dangerous than home. Fear not, therefore, to try the mountain passes. They will kill care, save you from deadly apathy, set you free, and call forth every faculty into vigorous, enthusiastic action'...:bucktooth:

• Like Like x 5
  15. I've been trying not to chime in on this - I'm a local and genuinely one of my first memories is being woken by a racing engine when I was either 18 months or two years old (we lived next to the paddock)

I hate the deaths but love the TT - the only two real points against it (IMHO) are

1) that the IoM makes money from putting on an event knowing that people will die
    2) is it a black eye for motorcycle racing in general - do the general public look at the TT and go "motorbike racing is unsafe - it shouldn't be allowed" as they can't differentiate between short circuits and road racing

I love the TT with a passion - I love what happens to the Isle of Man when you guys come and see it. I love the bikes, I love the racing but I also know the cost.

I'm not arguing against Tony, I'm not disagreeing with him. I'm not arguing with anyone that is Pro TT either - It would be nice if no one ever died here in racing incidents any more but that isn't going to happen.

I'm very conflicted but I do tend to fall on the side of as long as people want to race here then the TT should carry on. When people decide they don't want to race then the TT will end...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. They are racing though, just against a clock and still ragging the arse out their machinery?

17. I wonder if they have looked at trying to sort out some of the black spots in some way, like at the northwest where they have chicanes, but not as extreme, like for example balascary, some of the biggest accidents have been there, maybe they can run some rectocel and 'choke' the entry too it so that it just can't be taken as a down one gear and throw it in. I'm sure this wouldn't ruin the whole flow of the course if they had to just slow the entry to some of the most dangerous sections?

18. The way it's going with the woke brigade trashing everything, perhaps intime it'll look like this for competitors.:worried:
    Ride-simulator_feature.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information