1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle Of Man Tt 2024

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by H2pots, May 16, 2024.

1. I'm down to 9 minutes now. It has been steadily reducing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm obvs here both weeks !! Would be nice to see some people - only a couple of gigs on for me
    Buncha Skankers - Bushys Stage (Douglas) @ 2100. 30/05
    Buncha Skankers - Sprintfest (Ramsey) @ 2100 01/06
    Awesome Party Band - Villa Marina (Douglas) @ 2030 04/06
    Awesome Party Band - 1886 (Douglas) @ 2130 07/06
    Totally 80's - Jaks (Douglas) @ 2200 08/06

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats less than half the cost of our bike n rider tickets for 10 days fri to mon covering race week !

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ...and I'll easily find a seat on the ferry mate, see races that feature more than either twin or IL4's and sound an awful lot better. My "Homestay" family are still only charging me £30 a night after many years, the lady said if I become a very skint pensioner I could stay for free.

• Like Like x 2
  5. That's a scenario I've thought about too. I'm booked on for the whole of race week this year on me hyper but I'm gonna reduce the TT visit for 2025 to a few days as a footy and catch the back end of race week.

I might just bob over on my hyper to catch the classics and first TT practice though. Then return 10 days later for the last couple of race days. I'm not fussing over boats until the furore dies down, I'm usually 4 hours on the phone today with constant redial, hang up, redial, hang up.... I don't miss that!

The manx is far better for me nowadays though, I'll be going over for the whole of the Manx. Better bikes, less crowded, easier to watch where you want, much much better riding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ever thought about the S100 ?
    There aren't all the extra the TT and Manx speed Limit restrictions

7. I've been many times to the southern.

In fact, I'm going across this year, but I'm going to pedal it. I'm only across for the last day but in years gone by, i used to go for the whole event. The S100 is a great event and you've got the island to yourself for the riding.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oil change on the RSV4 this weekend, fitted a longer 2018 swing arm a few weeks ago so going to change the swingarm geometry this weekend to the lower settings...for no other reason to see what it feels like...

9. I got next year’s tickets easily this morning, log on about 8.15, chose the crossings I wanted and all done by 8.30! Other years I have been waiting for hours. One year we were staying in Liverpool so went to the office at about 6.00 am, I was third in the cue. Watching the chaos in the office a certain saying about a brewery springs to mind

10. Bung me a PM if you want a local to pedal with (but you probably know all the cool routes anyway !!)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seems like a lottery. I logged on before 8:00am this morning and had to wait 3+ hours before getting in. Got the sailings I wanted though so all good in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm only across for the last day pal, it's a short visit. If weather plays ball, I'm gonna be trackside on the Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've just rung and booked the above scenario, no waiting, no queue, straight through.
    I'm going out Friday afternoon and back the following Tuesday. See the pre TT classics at billown and first afternoon if TT practice.

Also, going out for last 3 days or race week as foot passengers. That works grand for me that.

14. Midnight sailing tomorrow and similar on the way back! Hopefully, the weather and the racing will make up for it.

12 of us going so could be lively.

15. 4 hour delay to day 1 of practice, wet roads and low cloud.

Practice week looks like it could be problematic weather wise, but race week looking much better.

• Like Like x 1
  16. First day of practice done.

Dunlop topped the days practice/qualifying nudging 130mph with todd breathing down his neck and hicky third.

Todd topped the s/sport on a Ducati and hicky topped the s/twins.

Impressive on a circuit with some damp patches.

17. Daily round up on YouTube.....

First day of practice

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Seems IOM are cracking down on small number plates this week.

• WTF WTF x 2
  19. That's a bugger. Do you get a grace period to fit a compliant number plate or will the IoM Constabulary fine you every time they stop you until you change it ? Andy

20. For what its worth, I used the TT+ App for first practice yesterday and in my opinion it provided quite good coverage of the practice and qualifying classes overall, and on this limited showing it's probably worth the ~£20 to subscribe. Although, it depends on how it performs for the rest of practice, and more importantly race week.
    For those not wishing to use the App, I think highlights will be broadcast on ITV4 at around 9pm on normal TV.
    More info here:
    https://www.crash.net/rr/news/1048067/1/how-watch-2024-isle-man-tt-today-live-stream-here#:~:text=Watch%20every%20session%20on%20TT%20Plus&text=You%20can%20pre%2Dorder%20the,in%20the%20UK%2C%20from%209pm .
    However, the best option of course is to be there and experience everything as it happens.
    Hope its of interest, and good luck to those who are making the trip.
    Tom.
    PS.
    Radio TT might be available online or using an internet radio:
    https://motorsport.manxradio.com/ .
    For live local conditions on webcam:
    https://www.manxradio.com/webcams/ .

#40 RTD, May 28, 2024
    Last edited: May 28, 2024
Do Not Sell My Personal Information