1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured 1299 It’s Finally Here….panigale R

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Marc.r1, May 30, 2024.

1. May I suggest the happy middle ground option of a light smoke screen between the two extremes of clear and dark. Just there enough to carry on the lines of the bike but not so much as to shout it's presence and stand out in a potentially offensive way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Has it had the water pump drain modification done? If so, there’ll be a small hose on the LHS from the spigot leading down behind the fairing. If not, easy job.

3. Yeah I was thinking of the light smoke but I also like the dark but the white board makes me think keeping clear….lol

I’m so decisive

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m not sure i will have to look into that. There was also a recall but I need to research that as well… I have it written down somewhere..

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Stunning bike and a great list of improvements - I'd do all them too! Though you could get an iridescent screen...

Enjoy the ride!

6. I did forget to congratulate you on your acquisition of this magnificent machine.
    Mod her as you see fit. If a dark screen and clear clutch cover on your bike really makes you happy then that's what you gotta do. Us in the peanut gallery matter not an iotta. I've done all sorts of things to my 996 that I suspect curl the toes of the traditionalists, but every single mod has been carefully thought through and I love every individual component and the whole that they create.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. First thing I did on mine mate was get the suspension set up, new springs front and rear , mines was over sprung for my weight.

8. Eat more chips?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. With pie, Now that’s my sort of suspension adjustment…..

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. First modification cheers Union8. Looks lovely hopefully my bum will appreciate it and looks so much nicer than the standard one….

IMG_1245.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. So she has had a little more work done with the few treats I got her:

Dark Smoke Screen
    Carbon Seat Cover
    New Caliper Bolts
    Manual
    Integrated Rear Light.

Bolts was easy , thank you Topolino, and are much shinier than what was on.

The seat was bought from ebay, Carbon Fibre Fever, and is very nice and seems good quality. A bit fiddly to fit so won’t come off too much but I like the look of it.

Dark Smoke Screen, well it was a bit darker than it looked in the photos but hey never mind. Thought this would be a quick job like on my other bikes…went downhill real quick, I had to pretty much take off all the fairings to get the rubber grommets to refit the screen. Thankfully had bought a manual, again thank you Topolino, and it showed me the way.

Integrated rear light not fitted yet after the fun I had with the screen so that’s a future project…lol.

I enjoyed working on her and getting her naked, fairing infills were a bit fiddly but she is all back to whether with no extra bolts….always a win.

Still love riding it and think I’m gonna try softening the suspension to see how it rides.

IMG_1410.jpeg

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

40125AD6-61A7-44CF-A19C-7F0F0FD152F1.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. First person to do something actually sensible and better the bike.
    Congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Do it to all my bikes mate

14. After the carbon wingmirrors or rim tape i hope.
    Priorities man !!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Of course :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information