1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerez 27-30 March 2015 With No Limits?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Dave, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Who would admit to THAT being their bike?!

2. That is my mate Tim - I'll PM you his email address.

The paint job was done by Dell at DW (same guy who did my D16) and looks fantastic in the flesh. It was inspired by AMA rider Larry Pegram, tweaked to match the orange wheels that the bike came with from its ex Challenge owner.

3. Im back.........in short.

A great well run trip and No limits should take a pat on the back! everything achieved with a smile, in a calm and collected way.
    great group
    great to meet new people too RWC, drinky, Miss Pineapple(especially when she got threw into the pool) to name a few.
    Matt and Alex really nice currently ex ducati owners ....and Matt now with a very sorry ZX10...and a sore head and shoulder..
    Dibbles mate Martin..who we have hypnotised into the Duatio way of doing things...
    The staff from Snells Ducati really nice helpful people
    Louigimotos bike looking very pretty
    A few faux pars but nothing major and none of our ducati lot.......well....ahem ill let them tell you.
    great food
    great wine and beer
    The weather....... fook me it was perfickt
    A few shenanigans ....ill come back to that....
    The Northerners like a load of locusts over the 'EEEEEEE Freeeeee food' at breakfast
    The Northerners hunting around for discarded tyres with a bit of T life left in them
    The Ducati 1098 that went all the way there and wouldn't couldn't start.....false stop!
    the usual setting up of a couple of ducati slipper clutches, and the giggle re the quiet clutch mod rollox!
    The northerners trying to say spanish words....
    The track is still great
    Oh and paying 20 Euros to jump the queue at the car hire place.........priceless!

4. Nice to meet you as well Andy.

5. How would you know?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good to finally meet some of you. Had an amazing time in the sun. Awesome track and people.

The new bike performed excellent without hitch. For my first proper run out I was overly impressed with the 1199.
    Smooth as butter and as angry as hell when needed. Really pleased with how the std suspension, Coming from full blown DDS set up on my previous blade i was a little worried but to be fair its brilliant and didn't limit me at all.

Need to go again now :)

IMG_0417.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good to meet you, you certainly went well on it :upyeah:

8. Couple of vids and phots from the weekend. I'm hoping to make up a more interesting edit if I can work my way around some editing software and find time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. watched first one...you not got quickshifter fitted?!

10. Stopped using it as it was playing up Bradders, it didn't work on a couple of critical moments and I figured it best to just stop using it and sort it out later.

Plenty of obvious improvement to be made with braking points in particular. I got down to around 2 min 5 secs in the afternoon through braking a bit later and a fair bit more corner speed after a few laps tow from one of the fast guys. (at least one of these videos may be in one of the slower groups as the track was quiet on the last day).

Very happy overall as I was the slow guy in the fast group at the last track days and I finished the three days a fairly solid mid group. That said the fast guys were bloody quick so it might just have been a 'slow' fast group. I'd be interested to know what others thought for some comparison?

#310 Monners, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  11. Can hear you rollin off the throttle, sounds like a clutch change too?? I love myQS, just feed it gears while pinned. Mind you, doesn't look like many places to keep it pinned there!

12. That guy on the white fireblade, white leathers with a red stripe. WTF was he doing in inters he would have been the slowest in the slow group.

13. Yeah, i was clutching as I couldn't work out what was happening with the QS. I've never looked at how it works but possibly just a loose sensor unit, if that's what the little box on the shifter is? I didn't want to abuse it or the gearbox so figured it was best to just go back to clutch shift.

14. Not sure which group that was tbh but it was not a problem as there was plenty of space. I went out in the novice group a few times to film Miss Pineapple for a few laps and then blasted off on my own. The inters seemed to be the busier group but I didn't go out in that one.

15. Was it ok before? May be lever position?

16. Yeah it was fine until Sunday, never had an issue. What do you mean by lever position, the gear lever I take it?

17. Yeah but if it was ok before.

18. He means the "gear handle" mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Haha wanker ;) Clutch pedal was playing up wasn't it...

20. Great weekend tbh, 1st time at a Euro TD and was good fun in the sun. looking forward to the next 1 whenever or wherever it is. Good to see so many faces from here and put names to them.

Also wanted to say a big thanks to Paul from Snells for helping me with my clutch pack on 1098r last Sunday and changing some of the plates out too. Hope Desmo Dave will let you know I've posted it. Not forgetting Andyb either for the extra advice.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information