1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerez - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Ducati Forum News, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Oh well Yamaha bound he will be next year when dorna change the rules to allow 5 factory bikes per team so yamaha can/will accomadate Him!

2. It is anti Rossi, NOT anti JB who's so far conducted himself with dignity.

Its not JB making the comments about direction or throwing his toys out the pram is it, I think they'd be better off sticking with JB and letting Rossi go

3. I don't think all is what it seems. Rossi is clearly not riding the bike as quick as he could even with the issues it has but why.

1. Either he has had enough and wants to be sacked. (maybe has something else in mind)
    2. He wants someone else to be sacked as he has lost faith in the whole direction of the project.

Bearing in mind Rossi was much more competitive in testing on the bike not very long ago, the bike hasn't got worse or he slower in that time. He made little attempt to better his time as he slipped down the ranks from what i could see.

So has he given up ? or has he given up on the engineers and wants bad results to bing the situation to a head. Nicky has nothing to lose so will push because he is far from showered with choices ride wise these last few years and he may see this aas his chance to shine.

If Rossi has just given up, i will be disappointed because that is not something i think a pro at that level should do. But he could be boxing clever and wants various engineers out and a run of bad results might be a lever. Who knows but i think there is more to this than Rossi not be able to ride the bike fast. He's not got winning pace but this is more than that and something is afoot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Me too, it's hard seeing Vale like this and makes you wonder if the golden boy is just another stroppy " stoner" throwing is toys out the pram when things are not his way.
    I hope not because as many of you I'm a big 46 fan :-/
    But I'm still positive and hoping he comes back

5. Well Chaps! Malandri has just took a swipe at Ducati and the Media! And All over the italian press!!!
    Let's not forget how Suppo treated Him

6. Well Chaps! Malandri has just took a swipe at Ducati and the Media! And All over the italian press!!!
    Let's not forget how Suppo treated Him

Before the Rossi haters google translate.... Marco stated this (pls clarify to your audience:) Melandri was angry @ the press,not @ 46. They blamed him, now they blame the bike (rightly).

also said"ain't criticizing who's in trouble,been there,but those who pretend a solution's round the corner"

#46 Imola, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  7. Are you Sure ? TP reads the same aussie motogp website like i do and JB has stated many times the ducati needs to go in a different direction and the ball is in their court!

8. I think next week is the decider. They are bringing loads of upgrades and if that doesn't work it's definitely game over

9. I wait with baited breath. Although I fear I may die of asphyxiation...

10. Well, we have now seen all we need to see. Hayden in 3rd, albeit a second off pole, but frankly, a brilliant effort. Rossi 2.4 seconds behind him. That's like being in a different solar system as far as MotoGP is concerned. When he is getting whipped by Randy de Puniet on a CRT bike...

So, what's the famous expression? Quit while you're ahead. VR has already lost the opportunity to do this, but he could still quit before he is utterly humiliated on a fortnightly basis. You can forget new bits for the bike, or complaining that the Ducati is not competitive. It might not be race winner, but it can clearly put in a decent time. I don't think many people would claim that Hayden is a more talented rider than VR, so that can only mean that Rossi is totally unmotivated and can't be arsed to do his best on the bike. He should go. He's become an embarrassment, to himself and the team.

I still think that Rossi is the most talented rider (bar Spencer perhaps) that I have seen. But it's clearly time to move on. When you've lost it, you've lost it. Do something else. It's sad, but that's life.

Still, all kudos to Nicky. I really like that guy - seems to be so genuine and WYSIWYG. Bye Valentino. Can't see this playing out over the whole season.

11. I'm not sure if I follow you? ;)

Everybody is talking about the Bridgestone Tyres destroying themselves in the 'damp' and non full wet conditions, that's what Stoner, Cal, Goat, JL & Dovi have ALL been quoted as 'moaning' about

Whatever your re-tweeting/quoting dosnt seem to read or sound like its the same thing and more to do with when 'new' design tyres will be available (new 21 front i presume)

Honestly Imola, Stoners alright you know :)

Now that Rossi bloke, fook me he can really moan , he's the greatest I've heard at moaning of all time ;)

12. Maybe that's why he's a double world champ in the premier class and you're not - because he knows what he's talking about and ...

13. Rossi looks to have dropped his head mentally. That's enough in this class to put you back a number of places and that's what we're seeing. Dunno if he's given up or not or whether he's not trying hard but it certainly looks that way. If that's the case, then they should get rid of him. Even Stoner, annoyed at how he'd been treated by Marlborough, annoyed that he wasn't getting the changes he asked for and despite having signed for Honda and despite the Ducati having a dodgy front end still rode the nuts off it til the end - pole position in his last race on it and finished 2nd in the race.

Now THAT is being a professional :biggrin:

14. So 15million euro per year and it looks like he can't be bothered.

In the spirit of not criticising him lets look for some positives.

Hayden is going gear this weekend and lets hope he makes the top step today and in races to come

VR is now paying tax so a big chunk of his pay will go back to help people.

The sun might come out at Jerez and He can sell some t shirts.

As a more serious point, it is time for the Single tyre rule to go. IMHO it as killed Ducati and Suzuki.

15. Fenati! what a racer

16. What a race :-D !!!

17. Fenati The new Italian hope, Get him on the duke

Yes Viv fantastic race.

18. Cortese great ride too
    Man been on the edge of my settee
    Brilliant!!!!

19. Roll on moto2 !!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. I think Pedders will romp the motogp race.
    Showing his team mate that all his hard work in practice pays off

Do Not Sell My Personal Information