1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerez - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Ducati Forum News, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Some very good points there mate :upyeah:

It was all ment to be the Dream team.
    What i wonder is what Audi think of it ? Will they want to keep Him to use in marketing for bikes and maybe a few rally races in between motogp ?
    or even touring cars etc.....
    But then He is a very rich man who may not be interested anymore.
    I wonder if Mr M1 from yamaha (VR's close freind) will join Ducati ?
    In racing you never know!

2. Admirable optimism, but when VR is being dissed by mid pack riders you can't help but feel the shine has gone.

I notice Stoner was "moaning" about the changes his team made to his bike overnight, and that it made it go so much better. He was hoping for a podium at best, but won.

Seems his talent outweighed his ambition.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I don't think there will be any Factory bikes from any manufacturer within 5 years.

Dorna have said CRT is the way forward and Honda, Yamaha and Ducati have all said they will leave Motogp as Factory teams if that becomes the way to win.

I wonder what the chances are of Rossi on a CRT bike in his own team next year? He wont be able to join a Factory squad most likely and there is no way Honda or Yamaha will allow him (or anyone else) in their second squads to beat riders on their Factory supported bikes.

4. If I was Alvaro Bautista, I'd be getting nervous about losing my ride to an ageing goat...

5. Marquez will get the Gresini ride next year. He can't go straight on the Factory Honda.

6. I'm going put this put there, another rumour.
    A work colleague read somewhere that there is a rumour that Rossi setting up his own team running yamaha bikes and coca-cola as main sponsor.

7. Surely the drinks sponsor would be another Cola brand?

Lipsmackin
    arm pumping
    ace handling
    non-motivatin
    maybe retire-in
    cool talkin
    arse actin
    fast livin
    tax dodgin
    Uccio lovin
    fizzin Rossi

#147 Royum, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. the only thing ducati in the GP12 is the engine..
    the rest is something yamaha people told them te go buy or build...

as Damodici said : who to take the lead?

What's is going on with our beloved Ducati is a great indication of at what incredible levels Honda and Yamaha are working for the moment.
    all the experience, pure skill and raw talent at Duc are not enough not to get pounded.

it takes nothing to get whacked...

If one then looks at the encridable clockwork the Honda and Yam pump out, one can only stand in awe.
    Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa battle it out on the edge and are only defeatable by themselves..

Stoner may moan but he is one hell of a rider and now on par with VR at his best. And if he just blinks, Lorenzo eats him in a second...
    What happens with SPies is an even stronger indication of the incredible levels the top is riding.. get a little thin wrong and you're up shit creek.

Furthermore, there has been no 'revolution' ... it's all pure development. This takes ages to achieve and is so very rare when it happens.

This is also Ducati's down fall... It takes a miracle to get there when you're in front..

Catching up is sheer impossible and will depend on those who haven't made mistakes to start making them for rows on end.

9. I'd be interested to know the difference in budget between Ducati and Yamaha/Honda.

10. According to Imola, back when Casey was developing a crap bike and crashing every orher week, the philip Morris Millions" funding Valentino was what Ducati needed. Must be plenty there to cover Rossis wages, since he earns about 8million euro more than Lorenzo.

11. You can't resist can you? :rolleyes:

I ask a pertinant question and you still turn it into an Anti-Rossi post! :tongue:

12. I dont understand how do you interpret that as an anti Rossi post? There is no opnion of mine there whatsover.

I quoted Imolas opinion, not mine. At the time he gave it Stoner was crashing a lot, and the bike was not progressing. So, many feel his opnion was correct. Either way, it is not my opnion.

You were talking about budgets and I offered the only bit I know which is the well publicised salaries of 2 riders. So these are just facts, out there in the public domain. I have not offered any opnion about these salaries.

I have offered no personal opinion what so ever. I have said nothing against VR.

If you choose to infer something negative, then feel free, but dont go blaming me for things I have not done.

13. If the figures are true it shows the value of marketing to a sponser. How many sponsors on a Yamaha ?

Did Casey develop a crap bike or just ride around one that was already crap in all but motor ? i think it more the latter, it's a Ducati trait and Rossi's failing if there is one is not being able to turn it into anything significantly better but neither could anyone else. I guess that makes him fallable just like the others.

Hayden does say this bike has the most potential of any Ducati he has ridden and he was there for much of the Casey era so they are doing something right but it's a big gap to bridge.

If nothing else Ben Spies form should highlight how quickly it can go bad on you and he is on a sweet bike.

14. View attachment 1972
    Maybe ducati were hoping for the success of 2004! Remember when the team left the MIGHT of honda ?
    They were all called fools for leaving and it would be the end of VR JB and crew!
    At the time EVERYONE wanted a Honda..............................
    As VR was banned from winter testing even himself expected to not have success untill mid season!

Looks like the Ducati time has aged JB!

#154 Imola, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ducati's race budget (factory) is prob 10% of Hondas and maybe 35% of yamaha.
    Marlboro boost this by paying VR and helping the race fund!
    But as 749er keeps saying Marlboro have wasted their money :upyeah:

16. I'd be interested to know Randy de Puniet's budget in crashed bikes. I'd never employ him. I thought that at least part of the point of racing was that you generally reached the finishing line. Not a great deal of point putting in a good practice lap if the bike visits the gravel before the end of the race. It must cost a fortune in bits.

17. When they went to Yamaha maybe it was just fine tuning and that was it, this is a much bigger job as stoner used to say the bike is hard work and he either crashed or did ok.
    Do u guys remember when Rossi rode Cals R1 when he wasn't doing so well and Rossi did a setup for it and bang, Cal started winning races :)

18. I used to say that, but dont have an opinion now as it is too distressing for you Rossi fan boys.

Who knows what gets spent by whom?

All we know is Yamaha are short on sponsors.

19. They may have a cunning plan for next year! who would blame them!

20. Apparently Lin Jarvis has said that it would be difficult to accommodate Rossi in either the factory team or Tech 3, but also that he wouldn't shut the door on Rossi. Hardly a no, then...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information