950 Keyless Fuel Cap Yea Or Nay

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Dave-o, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Have/had a dumb key, cut from an emailed photo, on a lanyard. No real significant additional hassle IMHO, just unzip jacket, and doubles up for luggage/seat as required.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thank you all very much. There is overwhelming advice that the keyless is the way to go, no bad reports with the use of them. So I have placed an order for one.

Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it very much.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Another V2S owner here, where did you buy from as I am heading down that route too. Cheers

4. All over aliexpressfor around £30. Mine been perfect few years and moved from one bike to another

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for that, just need to check my tank bag ring is compatible. Cheers

6. Please tell me you haven't got an aliexpress fuel cap on your RS??!!:astonished:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. Wait, an electric fuel cap bought online from Ali express? It may work but I'd not trust that as far as I could throw it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I found one at Ducati Milano in Italy.

9. I have the givi tank ring on mine bud, works a treat!
    IMG_7594.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. certainly bloody have - looks and works a treat. besides can't afford pucker one now bought the bike :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. NOT electric, as mentioned, push and twist. works fine and would agree, probably not choose electric from there :D

• Like Like x 3
  12. They're all the same style aren't they, I've run TWM / Cheapo / NCR caps across various bikes. Multiple bikes in one garage makes another reason making fuelling the lot easier... more reasons to have one than not.
    Though with the price of fuel in the last decade I'm surprised siphoning isn't making a comeback!

13. This, it's why I never looked into quick release caps

14. Haven’t heard of anyone ever getting caught out by it. With all cars having anti siphon and stuff people will just assume they can’t

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information