1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyless fuel cap

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Tripletrouble, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Key from Duc £37. Cut by independent £10.

2. Same as t965m said.

Even a very good locksmith cannot get hold of suitable key blanks, but they can cut (or rather mill) the slot to match if you buy a red key blank as a Ducati spare part. The red key does include a passive transponder chip, but it might as well not because the bike's system can only be programmed to recognise one passive transponder at a time. Ergo the second red key is in effect a "non-transponder" key.

Incidentally, if you buy a second active transponder key (i.e. the black key with battery and flip-out blade), it is possible to get the bike programmed to recognise both keys. I still had to get the blade cut by the locksmith, obviously.

I follow the principle that the best time to order spare keys is before the old ones are lost/stolen/break; and besides, your pillion might like to have her own key. My dealer (Metropolis Vauxhall) did the programming for nothing - after charging the usual arm+leg for the keys. To be fair, they were very helpful and efficient as they always are.

3. Similar to t965m, key from Ducati £37.74 and £15 to have cut.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information