Le Tour, May Contain Cycling And Spoilers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DucatiScud, Jun 30, 2023.

1. :eek:

2. I week to go! :heart:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Booked to watch the race fly by in Gourdan. Really looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ooh nice enjoy!
    Have you picked your fancy dress outfit for running alongside the riders yet?

5. Leopard print thong. :D

• Funny Funny x 1

6. It’s a great spectacle with the sponsors cars driving through throwing freebies out to the spectators, hopefully you’ll be on a slow section as otherwise it’s over all too soon.

7. Giggity .

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. We are stopping here the night before so a nice place to eat and drink regardless.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gourdon,_Lot

I'm sure the riders pass through very quickly but be nice to see it and soak up the atmosphere.

As each year goes by I am fully aware that time is getting shorter to do the things I want to do and experience so every opportunity has to be taken when it comes along.

• Like Like x 2
  9. We saw the TDF somewhere in n.France on a time trial stage, unfortunately we missed all the pre start excitement and goodies. To be honest it was ok, not very exciting. More recently quite by accident we managed to get hooked up with the Vuelta on a small road in a small village on the road up to Potes, now that was exciting. The racing finished at Potes and our hotel was a few kms beyond it so we ended in the caravan for a couple of hours. I’d definitely go back to the TDF or the Vuelta but for a normal stage.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Looks unlikely Cav’s going to make it to the end of stage one in time here. Sad ending and a ridiculously tough opening day.

11. This stage is like one you’d normally see in the alps on week 3.
    Going to be some heavy critics I’d imagine.

12. Oh my god what a stage.
    3 weeks of it to come too.
    Watch the highlights tonight if you haven’t seen it yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. First sprint stage today and the way theyve been riding all day (ultra slow) I imagine it will be around a 4-4:15 finish.
    Good to see Cav looking reasonably chipper after Saturday.
    My moneys on Mads Pedersen.

14. Any major cycling event isn’t really a spectator sport. Watch it on the box… in UHD.

I’ve watched the tour of Britain come through a couple of times. Shit ton of cop bikes, a helicopter, a shit ton of cyclists, a shit ton of Skoda’s with bicycles on them, a few more cop bikes… and that’s about it. 5 minutes from start to finish… :confounded:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Cavendish will have to wait for his sprint win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ominous signs from the Pog yesterday.
    Vingy nearly a minute behind already :(

17. Impressed by his ride, looked very strong.
    We went over the Galibier last week and people already had their camper vans parked up in the best spots.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU LITTLE FUCKING BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. THE MANX MISSILE BECOME THE GOAT TDF RIDER.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information