Let's Hear About Your R53's

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ducbird, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Graphite? It looks Blue?:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 8CB6DC5F-154C-4596-B9BB-CA30B2DE4D78.jpeg Long gone and apparently taken back to standard by the new owner, no no more popping and banging on the overrun for him/her. The Wolves Mini belongs to the neighbour and neighbour on the other side has a Silver Grey r56 too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stock did pop a bit out of the factory! What had you done to it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. My stock 2006 popped and banged loads, it was added into the later ones for character!

• Like Like x 2
  5. The previous owner had done all the mods coil overs and such. The popping and banging was from his modification to the exhaust.

He made it longer effectively by splitting the pipes on the back of the exhaust on the O/S N/S of the car. As pictured below. C4358897-1C32-42E1-B589-16FA28E45899.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. One of the really common mods on the R53 was to ditch one of th back boxes and in effect half the length of the exhaust! I didn’t on mine because I was going to get a play mini exhaust

• Like Like x 2
  7. Not mine but my sons. It’s a cooper and an R52 but it’s close enough. It doesn’t have the large speedo, it has an oil gauge and temp gauge, the speedo is by the steering wheel, which I like.

It handles really well, but you feel every bump!

E9086AFB-0AE5-4369-B782-65C6BEDB494A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not mine but my sons. It’s a cooper and an R52 but it’s close enough. It doesn’t have the large speedo, it has an oil gauge and temp gauge, the speedo is by the steering wheel, which I like.

It handles really well, but you feel every bump!
    A7CF26C0-338D-4283-BD56-B8669627DFD3.jpeg

9. Why did that post twice then???

10. Lack of user competence?

11. Yup, no doubt

12. It sometimes happens when wifi or 4G signal isn’t very strong, the page hangs halfway through posting and so you click “Post Reply” more than once. I get it all the time because unfortunately I live in a village with Amish internet service.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Gremlins and well why not eh :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. I think R55, actually...

bim.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Yeah it seems like a great little car. Two previous owners. 120K the clock which isn't huge for a diesel, leather everything, £20 quid tax and easy 50+mpg.

Lets see what happens at the MOT test though. But it drives like new, and no smoke, big oil leaks or rattling from the motor so thats good enough for me.

#96 Jez900ie, Apr 2, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  16. My Mrs loved hers all White Clubman, was no trouble during our ownership, it had all the bells and whistles on it. Had done about 70k when we bought it at 2 years old., had no trouble with it. We only got rid of it after it being slammed into on it’s rear quarter on the A5.

It was repaired but it developed a noise from the rear wheel where the wishbone and such had been repaired once up to motorway speeds.

She’d have kept it otherwise, the petrol version that replaced it is very much inferior in her and my eyes.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Grey plastics back to black. Allegedly this stuff "Owatrol" / Amazon £20 -lasts for months. Time will tell but its still to fully dry overnight,

owatrol.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. I could do with that for my plastics

Do Not Sell My Personal Information