1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lincs Italian Motorcycle Festival Monday 28th May

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris Jessop, Apr 8, 2018.

1. I was still in the south of Scotland this morning about to head home when you all met up, probably did about 2500-3000 miles all in all... Ive not been on for over a week so I didn't see your message @Ben Mallinson...

2. Where did you disappear to?

3. Hope you had a good trip Nathan and you bike faired up better than mine and stu's today! Bloody Italian shite :joy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Got a Puncture in the rear PR5 in north wales 20 miles from hostel, manage to fix it next day, got a AAman (even not a member) to blow some air in the tyre as the local Tesco machine wouldn't from flat, got enough in and then the air machine would... Managed to get up to Scotland and NC500 and jollies on SDC weekender thinking that the tyre would let me down...

The bike was in a right mess a weeks worth of insects and the rest, the 1st owner would have heart attacker if saw it... got home at 3pm today... now at work till 6 in the morning...

• Like Like x 1
  5. While everyone was getting sorted out I had a word with @higgy748 about the route and said I'd shoot to Tesco in Brigg and get some cash out as the ATM was not working in Scunneh. So I got that and sat and waited and @Tim K and @higgy748 rocked up and we shot over the top of the wolds to East Kirby, had a quick mooch and then other half said she was staying home so I fired home via Willy Woods. Had a nice chat with a fellow with a MkII Superlight there and then we had a BBQ back at home.

Nice to see you all and thanks to @Tim K and @higgy748 for a nice gallop over the tops. Apologies if I held you up. I managed not to fall off, so that's always a good day.

PS: Air-cooled = no water leaks... :heart: :joy::joy::joy::joy:

PPS: Hope all maladies are easily solved - am sure @Ben Mallinson will be sorted out by Italia with little fuss and shall see you all again for a run another time. :punch:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cheers @Fire3500, I'm sure ill get it sorted one way or another and hopefully not too long in doing so :upyeah:

Not the best first time meeting some new faces from here but hopefully not the last time we'll meet for a ride out. South Leverton is on the to do list this year so will be giving you a shout when I get chance to head own there if we don't meet again before :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. @ben - Sorry to hear about your 'troubles' and hope to meet up with you another time.!!
    We (851, 996, 899, Multi Enduro, Husky 701) had a good ride out and a cuppa at Kirkby.
    Italia are really busy at mo' , friend was told July to look at his 1100 evo but I'm sure Stu
    will do his best. :upyeah:
    Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ah I saw an 851 coming into Revesby as I was leaving... (I was on a yellow Superlight), was that you lot?

9. Yes, that was us, remember seeing you too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looked very nice. Notable that in such good company I only saw the 851...

11. A big thank you to everyone who attended yesterday’s event, the turn-out of 230 motorcycles exceeded all our expectations. This total included over 120 Italian motorcycles. The event was blessed with fantastic weather and the Aviation Centre was packed with riders and the public enjoying a sunny Bank Holiday Monday.

See www.imf2018.co.uk for event photos and a video.

The Lincs Italian Motorcycle Festival 2018 raised £766 for Emma's Charity and £1425 for the Aviation Centre.

• Like Like x 5
  12. There would have been 130 Italian motorcycles there if some hadn't broken down eh @Exige @Ben Mallinson :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. You were the chap on the gate with the white t-shirt?

14. My bike made the front page :grinning:

15. babe.jpg My 999 made the website.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I guess that was you on the Nice Yellow Superlight heading back into Horncastle as we were at the petrol station on our way there.

17. Yes I did spot you, was nice to see so many Italian bikes out to play

18. Thanks for organising Chris & Jane. I had a great day. Hopefully I will see you at Newby Hall on Sunday.

19. Christy, we hope to be at Newby Hall.

'Fire3000', yes, I was on the gate wearing the white Guzzi T-shirt. It was a long day but great fun seeing all the Ducatis arrive.

Steve, your D16RR looked and sounded gorgeous. I reckon your Ducati was the star of the show.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information