1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing weight from a 900SS/ 900SS ie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by JohnB, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Just remembered this under my seat, now in the garage....another easy saving....800gm[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Finally got paint done, gathered up the parts from around various parts of Wiltshire ready to build last weekend
    [​IMG]

Slow progress as lots of family commitments

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Having a reference for remembering what goes where is useful :)

Then got a Visit from Steve Bailey (BBB Fabrications / Duc904Red) and things accelerated :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And once on its wheels, its too tempting not to put the tank and seat on ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just bought these off eBay £125 bargain. So light I thought the box was empty !

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here you go Steve. The guy has a seat for sale as well but not to my taste.

image.jpg

5. Good work, I'd have been all over that for my other 900, I must refine my searches!
    the complete Supermono fairing and seat unit weight less than one standard side fairing panel

6. Where did you get the hugger?

7. Rich, I think it came from Carbon king. its a fair bit meatier than the front Guard but its good quality and still lighter than the original by some margin.

8. You mean it is thicker than the carbon front guard? Where did you get that from? I sell carbon fibre and struggle top source the specific stuff for the ss and ss i.e.. and I know i get my stuff from the same places as all the rest. I must be missing one key supplier for the vintage Ducati stuff!

Are your hugger and mudguard both gloss twill weave?

9. Just checked my ebay history and it was Carbon King in Swindon. Its thicker than the front item which was a used item off ebay. Just looked on their site and not currently listed, I bought this one around Oct / Nov last year.
    Both gloss twill weave. Can take close ups if you like

10. No sweat. Just keen to understand. I prefer thicker carbon on huggers and mudguards and heat shields. Really tough to follow that through though. Some suppliers are really strong on certain bikes and you have to go with that. There is one supplier that makes the thickest carbon but sadly he does not have the range.

11. Anyone know how much the clocks weigh on the SSIE? And Henk where is the picture you said you would upload?

12. Rich, I can weigh my carby ones. won't be significantly different. Secret is losing the front sub frame though.
    My project is running way behind schedule so had to pull the restoration project into service for recent track day. I'm really pleased I did as I know have a better Idea of what I want my "ultralight" to be in comparison :)

[​IMG]

13. Not ready to change my fairing yet though, so a Kevlar fuel tank may be the next step....let me know about the clocks. I sell Koso clocks online so might nick an RX2N+ off the shelf if these OEM ones are a bit porky. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just bought a Bimota. It's going to end up costing about the same...

• Like Like x 1
  14. will do. I've got a vapor going on mine, hopefully onto a single ally pod with a semi circular ally bar that bonds to the supermono top fairing...maybe!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information