V2 Loss Of Power At High Revs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Fraz, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Every ducati Ive owned has done this to brake fluid and the rear master cylinders Ive replaced over the years must run into at least 2 per bike.

2. Good job I only use the front then :joy:

3. I put high temperature (race) brake fluid, forget its name, in the rear of my Multistrada, helped a lot. Brake still crap mind you but at least it doesn’t disappear completely!

4. Had a very similar problem with my V2 during the running in period.. Increased revs to carry out an overtaking manoeuvre and the engine momentarily cut out before gaining some semblance of power again.. Happened on 2 further occasions... no power when I needed it most.. not good for your underpants.. Took it back to the Dealer who identified the problem fairly quickly as a wire having come adrift in the ignition system which apparently is designed to boost the power as you reach a certain rev threshold.. Unfortunately I am no technocrat but the wire has now been fixed securely and the bike is now firing perfectly with smooth power delivery throughout the power bands

Do Not Sell My Personal Information