1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louigi Moto Got Broken Into Recently.

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by comfysofa, Sep 27, 2022.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. I wanted to email him to say ........something, but didn't. Don't know if I should. Or what to say.

Did a stunning job in my 999 and a great guy/setup.

Would be a massive loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. If the crashed 999 was one of the stolen bikes, then whilst I wish ill of no-one, presumably the rider can attest to its ownership (or not).

3. Wow! Let’s hope it was the scumbag who nicked it that planted in the front of the camper!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah - so it would appear it was being ridden like it was stolen?

5. Sorry for the delay the news is that the bike was one of those stolen, the guy fled once he was taken to hospital.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Quite agree,
    when you give your bike to Rich you know that it will be treated like one of his own ,

7. Shame he was capable of a flee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The only place I know where he actually guarantees his work: build you a race engine and providing you haven’t opened it up or messed with it, if it goes bang he’ll sort it.

Be a loss to Ducatisti if he chucks it in

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Its a shame he wasn’t taken by air ambulance and fled whilst on route to hospital from 4,000 ft and 138 mph.

This is the actual RC8 that was nicked, it was as is the picture. AE269612-0875-4987-AB72-CAA19119BF75.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maybe they have his mother's details if, as the news article says, she attended the scene? Even a reg number for her car.

11. That requires detection… although now it’s a road traffic crime they may be interested;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. I thought this was common practice throughout the world for any engine builder as their reputation would be in tatters if they didn't fix the problem, plus no repeat business coming through the threshold.

13. I think most police are anti-police now. Meaning, most police officers hate the fact they aren’t able to do what they joined the job for. Unfortunately it’s an ever-growing extension of social services for the most part. To look down on the uniformed copper as ‘can’t be bothered’ is probably quite insulting. I’d imagine there’s nothing they’d enjoy more than catching old school burglars, but when they’re not allowed to pursue vehicles or they’re dragged away to someone that’s (definitely not) suicidal, their capacity and choice to do their job is taken away from them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Why not email him? I just have...just to let him know how much he is appreciated and are thinking of him. Insurance may cover the loss of bikes and machinery but cannot pay out for the distress he must be in. Thats our job...the Ducati community.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Can you post his email address on here? Or does it need to be pmd?

16. Presumably the police and or ambulance crews at the scene would recognize the rider if they saw him again If he was taken to hospital I'm guessing his injuries won't clear up overnight meaning if he has current complications he will need to have them addressed medically. At that point surely his identity could be confirmed and the matter pursued.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Justice served to one of them.

Half the trouble is the CPS from all the cop shows Ive watched.

#59 bootsam, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2022
  18. You might be right. Though if thats the case its odd that there were a huge amount of officers that were reprimanded for over zealous enforcement of Covid rules. Personally I will wait and see and make judgements based on actions.

The police need to attend every burglary, start convicting rapists, get violent crime on the streets down by at least 20% within the next year to regain full public support.

#60 Jez900ie, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information