1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mapping a 1098

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by MannyA, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gulp..............give him the water.................

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good edit. LOL

3. Its probably too late to help now but this is how things went on my 1098s re. ECU (not quickshifter)

I put a power commander on and had it mapped separately for each cylinder - which i understand not everywhere does. This was done as BSD nr Peterborough and transformed the bike at all revs.

However, the powercommander, coupled with the alarm that was already fitted, gave enough of a battery drain to give me real issues when starting.

The bike was given a new starter motor under warranty at JHP in Coventry (the differently geared 1198 starter) which made little/no difference - nor did a new battery.

JHP altered my map to allow more air when it was starting which helped. But was detrimental the the rest of the rev range so i reverted to the BSD map.

With my 848 im going down the Nemesis ECU route as it replaces the stock ECU, is much more programmable and wont use any more current than the stock one.

I still use BSD for both my bikes. Its just a more personable service in my opinion than JHP which is a much bigger outfit admittedly.

4. Interesting point re battery drain. If I get my 848 done, I'll be going tune ecu route probably with CJS as I know a few who have used him as well as feedback on forums lke this

5. Im hoping my 848 wont be anything like as difficult to start as the 1098 was. So far (the 2 times ive started it) that has been the case.

I did write down the voltages at the time - but alas ive lost them over time. But it really did feel like luck of the draw if the 1098 started or not - mostly why i spat my dummy and sold it.

6. you need to know that the nemesis is not more programmable than the stock ECU ,dont waste your money on one , a session on the dyno of the oe ECU through the rev range will have your bike fuelling correctly. Plus its cheaper than buying a nemesis which will still need set up time on a dyno. I know as I was originally going down that route,but luckily met Chris through the now defunct Ducatisti.
    There are a number of other changes available but I'm not here to sell Chris's services for him.
    IMHO there are not many places to take a Ducati if you want anything other than a stock setup ,he's my recommendation .

#46 peter james, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  7. Howdo!

Ran a PCIII on my ST3 powered Superlight and she made 115Bhp, took the bike to Chris at CJS who then re-mapped the ECU......123Bhp/78lb of torque. Well recommended! Bike is so much smoother all the way through the rev range.

Cheers Pablo

paul.jpg

8. [​IMG] Originally Posted by Dukedesmo [​IMG] Near London or not, take it to CJS if you want it doing properly...[​IMG]

Now I'd agree with that.
    When I took mine to him (he's based at Lougi Moto) I thought this kid is an arrogant sod, he was constantly smoking a tiny ickle roll up whilst checking the bike on his lappy,and baffling me with whot could have been complete bullshizle, I took the bike on brands indy next day and it didn't miss a beat,but I didn't realise how much he'd improved it till I had my first run up the hill and when I gave it the usual % of thottle the front wheel came off the ground by about two feet.
    Remapping is defo the best way to get the most out of your bike. It's taking away euro emissions regs and parameters that are there to please buracraps not us.

Hi pete. I like the roll up comment. Its now inspired me to quit :)

9. Ha Ha sorry Chris but the way you worked on my bike, with a casual look at the lappy and a twiddle here and there, (a drag of that roll up) I thought is he really trying his best, but experience has tought me that the people that look like their trying the least are generally the most proficient at the task .
    Hope alls well and buisness is healthy
    Pete.

10. Hi pete. I like the roll up comment. Its now inspired me to quit :)[/QUOTE]

Now that I will believe when I see :biggrin::upyeah:

11. Thank you for the kind words peter ! There has been a lot going on with remapping the panigale , zx10 , zx14 , and even a ninja 250. Hopefully it will encourage the younger bike riders

Do Not Sell My Personal Information