McDuke is dead, may he rest in pieces.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Maximus Thunder, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Far from it. You know a great deal about these bikes and contribute to the forum etc, I was merely suggesting that the OP consider some different legal help. Coles Miller were great with my claim, which took nearly a year. They were polite, helpful and clearly knew their stuff and I never had met any of them in person. I also hear great things about White Dalton too. If anybody is involved in a accident, especially one as bad as this, you want to have the best legal team you can get. If it clearly not your fault, get the best you can find, you won't be the person that has to pay them

2. I'd definitely recommend Minster Law (was it me who recommended them to you Nelson?) I'm on my second case with them and they are first rate.

3. Maximus, I feel your pain, although not literally !

I had a bad accident in 2001 where I broke my neck, shoulder, elbow and chipped my hip. I was lucky to recover from that one. The bike damaged even more than I was. I had to be cut out of my leathers etc and initially said I'd never ride again, but it soon passed and I've been riding almost constantly since.

As I had private medical insurance, the month in a private hospital could have been worse. Because my insurance company paid for my x-rays, I actually got to keep them (£70 a pop even back then :eek: )

This was my shoulder, the vertical bone coming from the bottom of the picture is my humerus (Bicep bone). Check out the smashed ball at the top of the bone, that smarted a little :biggrin:
    Shoulder.jpg

This was my broken elbow, this doesn't look as bad, but there is so much movement needed in this joint I had to have 4 ops on it.
    Elbow.jpg

7 operations later I pretty much have no ill effects apart from a couple of groovy scars. You'll be fine in time. :upyeah:

Shoulder.jpg

Elbow.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. OMG! Hope you get better. If its any consolation, my last accident I got full compensation for my Lid and Boots which were ruined. I didnt claim for my leathers as I quite like war wounds and it was only scuffing. I am sure you will be fully compensated as it appears from your description that the van was bang to rights. I hope you recover well and come out of this better off. Good luck.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information