1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mce - Gone Into Administration

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by bradders, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Again?! They haven’t. It’s the underwriter vehicle they used in Gib. They are trading as normal as a broker.

2. Does that mean they have just got rid of any debts.

3. Threads merged

4. More likely underwriter, which may well have been same company in all but legal structures, has declared insufficient funds to cover all its likely risks

5. The underwriter (registered in Gibraltar) doesn't have funds to cover any claims made against policies they have issued. MCE, the broker registered in the UK, lives to annoy another day. Andy

6. I'm in exactly the same boat.

Luckily I got bored of KTM and am actually selling it now.

7. How can you get bored of that bad boy!? I do think it's a chunk of money sitting there but come spring it'll all make sense again.... :):upyeah:

8. Nothing to do with the bike.

I've had it for 3 years. And had Gen1 for 2 years before that.

I stopped riding on road completely. I do it only for my other half, and hence thinking to buy a MultiStrada

• Like Like x 1
  9. Having been a “customer” of MCE before you could always call them for an explanation of their position but I’d assume they’ll rinse you of £25 for the privilege

10. They’re underwritten by sabre insurance now

11. Mine is due Feb, so won’t be ridden anyway.

12. Little update for everyone. Just clipped the following from an email that has just landed from the lovely MCE people. Not great if you have “fully” comprehensive with them.

“We will continue to process your claim as normal and at the point your claim is settled we will notify the FSCS.

For eligible policyholders, the FSCS will pay 90% of any own damage claim. By accepting the FSCS payment, you will not be able to submit a separate claim for the shortfall in the Administration.

The FSCS will pay third party claims in full.

How long will it take to process?

Once we have agreed settlement with you or the third-party we will submit the information to the FSCS. The FSCS will review the payment and, if approved, payment will be issued by BACS to the account number and sort code provided usually within 2 weeks.”

13. Just had email from them ......my insurance terminated 31st this month ..
    It would have run into sep 22

They say I may be able to claim compensation from FSCS .....

It says they are ending all motorbike policies on this date ....

Ger

14. Oh. Me too. Bastards. They really are pond life.

15. I'm lucky .....I only paid £95 for the mutly .... So could have been much worse ..... The renew offer back in Sept was very cheap ... suspiciously........

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yup,

Me too. My policy was valid until 25th-April. I'm picking up my new Multistrada V2s on March 1st so only needed another month !! I'll prob go over to Bennetts for the mutly cover

17. I wonder how much the Director bonuses were last year? Hopefully there was enough left for them to pay themselves a large wedge for Xmas?...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Politicians
    Insurance
    Estate agents
    Solicitors
    Used car sales

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Good news for 2022, a company who'd take money & then use dodgy tactics to get out of paying out. Goodbye

20. Ok, so I got a dramatic looking email this morning from this lot (MCE). Can one of my secretaries on here tell me what I have to do next. Better still, pop round and do it. Ta :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information