Mce - Gone Into Administration

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by bradders, Nov 9, 2021.

1. It never seems to make sense .... it's down to the algorithms in the software the insurance companies use

A good example is when you have an accident which was not your fault....your insurance goes up. One of the guys on the insurance companies support desk told me that the statistics showed a significant risk that you would have another accident within next year or so .... FFS.

I guess it's a sort of bet ...and the insurance company is looking at odds of getting through the year without a claim.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That my friend is insurance in a sentence

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. More Golfs are nicked and crashed than Astons.

4. Yes that will be the reason but I know what wing panel I’d rather be replacing if it was my own money. Insurance seems to be a complete lottery!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I did see recently that a new law has been passed that means insurance firms can’t whack up your premiums on your renewal.

good news, but I’m sure they’ll work round it and ensure we all stay nicely fucked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Not quite. Fair pricing is about no discount to grab you then inflate over the years to recoup yr1 cost. So you’re renewal price has to be sane as if you were new customer

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Well .... last September when my bike policy was up for renewal .....(MCE) ...the renewal quote was £95 ....the previous year was £150 .... I've never seen that happen before.

8. I’m sure they’ll find something in their infamous algorithm’s which seems fairly similar to the governments covid ones in order to ensure we are still dragged over the coal

9. You’ll find they have new strategies like variable extra products. So where you would get hire car, windscreen etc you will now have to select you options which puts the price up. They then make more profit on these extras.

Essentially, it’s to take the 2bn out the market that we pay because of aggregators. Bit point they miss is ins co’s make losses first year so it’s not costing insureds 2bn

10. Tried contacting MCE this afternoon as I need to ask if they are going to honour the 12 months NCB I would have got if my policy had been left until it's normal renewal date in April. No answer to the phone call. Tried contacting them on the web page chat but After typing it all out I just got a message telling me they were all busy & to send an email which I did. This couldn't have come at a worse time for me as I've got my Monster up for sale as I want to move across to a new Multistrada V2s on March 1st. This may mean me being forced to part x my bike on Jan 31st as I don't want to pay for 1 months insurance (is that possible?) or leave it uninsured. I won't be using MCE again however cheap the quote will be. Whichever way I look at it it's going to cost me more money. Grrrr.......

11. I'd be inclined to leave uninsured if I really didn't want to PX and invest in some chains (if I don't have them) or even remove a rear wheel and put it run the house.

12. When my mother passed away in 2013, I moved into the family home. I contacted my car insurers and good news, my insurance went down as it was a low risk area. When I contacted my bike insurer, bad news, my insurance went up as it was a higher risk area. Err. Both car and bikes were previously at the same address. How does this work then.

13. It’s all a load of bullsh1t. Despite insurance being a legal necessity it’s allowed to run like a public swimming pool full of sharks. Jump in for a swim and you are guaranteed to lose an arm and a leg!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1

14. Same here I avoid them like the plague having had my fingers burnt a long time ago. I hate them with a passion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I work for an insurer. And all you buggers making claims is costing me bonus!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. I hate them so much that I could not attend any BSB races they sponsor. Absolute sheisters. Had them at the ombudsman who more or less gave up with them as they had mysteriously erased every phone call I had with them over a 2 month period.

17. Blimey ! didn't realise they were that bad !! I'll still go to the BSB races when I can but be happy knowing none of my money is being used by them as sponsorship. With that sort of reputation it makes you wonder how much longer they can stay in business for ??

18. With the MCE situation, only paying 90% of any claim my bike is staying off the roads (which isn't hard at this time of year) until Jan 31st. If it hasn't sold by then it'll go to Ducati Coventry either as part x or to see if they can sell it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Little update from my claim, engineers report has come back as a cat b, dams rep said I can’t buy it back as mce will not let me , I was under the impression I had a legal right to buy back, anyway tryed to contact mce, online chat just replied with the body of the email stating all policies cancelled at the end of the month, then told me to ring up. Line always busy…….
    Could anybody shed light on buying back a cat b? Plan is to strip it and bin frame etc that was damaged.

20. Cat b = only trade can buy to break. Its why NO cat B bikes should ever make the track, and IMHO you should run from one that has.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information