1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Mcn Shootout!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Brakes508, May 4, 2016.

1. Dynamic pro is rear slides at the track mode......I've not even tried it yet :)

Quite honestly I run mine in normal mode and it's still bonkers fast, was out on it today as I went to meet the owner of Racefit over Matlock way (Top bloke), it is unquestionably ballistic......almost too easy to get up to speed.

I still wonder why I need a 5th or 6th gear

2. I find that Sport mode is perfect when I want a sporty ride on the open road, while Urban mode is perfect for riding in an urban setting. I never find Touring mode useful, so never use it. Enduro is a handy receptacle for customising with special or experimental settings to suit myself without disturbing the default Sport or Urban settings.

What I think is that tastes vary.

3. Its good you can customise rider settings. Don't know if you can do that with the GT (or the XR) but you can't on the Superduke. You either accept the pre-programmed modes or turn the lot off. I'd like to be able to go into SPORT and turn down the TC slightly and reduce the lean sensitivity. It won't let you have full power when cranked over. If you really want to hussle you have to turn late and haul the the bike back upright as soon as you can before you can apply a lot of power. My SF with no electronic controls will wheelie out of bends while its still lent over.
    Having that decree of programmability on a bike that is intended to be an all-rounder must be very useful.
    Perhaps Ducati should do a custom mode so you can create your own and save it without altering the existing modes.

4. Well I dropped my multi off and picked up my XR Sport SE today, really lmpressed with the dealer, had everything ready even the free Navigator 5 that I managed to haggle over, managed to get 130 miles on her as I need to get to 600 miles before I go to the TT so I can get the first service out of the way.

Bike is awesome really nice to ride. I have had some great times on the two Multistrada's I've owned but it was time for something different the XR fits my biking needs perfectly!

I still adore Ducati's and I still own a 748 so hopefully I'll still be welcome on here!

5. @costis I spent some time setting up my modes, and changing existing modes, Urban sits bike as slow as possible and I use it when in heavy traffic and when I know I have to move bike around slowly, Touring is pretty well set as standard but slightly lower rear end makes it more comfortable, I use this setting most, Enduro I have set for faster stiffer settings it keeps the bike more stable at high speeds, Sport, I actually never use.
    for me I prefer the Ducati, as it is more adjustable, and best of all I can get the suspension as low as possible to give better seat height.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The system is tested by Audi, but the implementation in a motorcycle engine is not the same. A motorcycle is driven completely differently than a car : engine speed varies more rapidly, shifting is more frequent, and the result of cam forces in acceleration and deceleration are a world apart. Space and minimal dimensions is another factor not to be taken lightly, since components cannot be 'beefed up' in a motorcycle. Having reliability issues without the system, raises a questionmark for future issues with the system. It is not the technology, it is the way a manufacturer applies it. And Ducati is focused on form (beauty) rather than function and dependability on the long run. So far. Maybe in the future mother Audi will push on bringing german reliability up its cars levels. Until then, forums will be full of niggles...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I spent almost 3 months adjusting modes on the multi. I switched mode view to track for everything so that I can see rpms in urban, see more of the tach in touring and get rid of all the useless bluetooth info when i am not connecting my cell. Then I raised the rear preload in touring so that is closer to sport. I tried to use the enduro mode free of all DWC and DTC, but suspension default values are not safe at speeds in excess of 100mph. Sport mode settings are best for track days but I rarely do that. 99 % of the time I use touring.

• Like Like x 1
  8. In a typical four-cylinder car engine, each camshaft has to open eight valves per cam-revolution against valve springs; in a Ducati twin engine, each camshaft has to open two valves per cam-revolution without valve springs. It follows that the cam forces are indeed a world apart, and there is scope for smaller, lighter components to be used.

It is true that all components on bikes are more critically limited in size and weight than equivalent components in cars, but when it comes to cylinder heads, I doubt if a Ducati Testastretta head is any less than one quarter of the size of a four-cylinder VW engine head.

9. I use Sport and Urban. Sport for everyday and Urban for pissing rain. If the rain isn't torrential I tend to just leave it in sport. I'm also quite a smooth rider so I've whacked the TC setting up quite high in sport mode but that's just me. I figure why not, I never activate TC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Touring is all I use and occasional urban. Sport too hard for most roads

Mine glides along, no idea what anyone else's is like

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Touring gives the smoothest ride from all modes. I've set mine to full power mode and stiffened a bit the fork dumping and the bike rides like dream.

12. That is the whole point all the modes can be tailored in any form, quite a large combination of how you want the bike set up.
    I found Touring mode good for general riding, but once you start to get really spirited at higher speeds the front could start to wobble a little, but once in my set up enduro mode, problem solved.

13. My '10 with the Öhlins SCU works very well on Scottish roads in Touring mode but in Sport mode is a tad firm in comparison with my own optimised road settings. My understanding is that the Mechatronic SCU only switches its settings based on the engine map, not the selected riding mode, so it's not possible to have semi-active touring suspension settings with the Sport map (my preference).

I've been test riding a fair bit of late - still have the BMWs to ride but have come to the conclusion that I'm likely to hang on to my '10 for at least another year: the DVT engines would be too much of a backward step for me (at least until they put the xDiavel engine into the Multi); the MV is a lovely bike but just doesn't have the oomph I want and the SD GT is currently unobtainium. My Multi looks like a dog's breakfast thanks to Ducati's abysmal finish but it's running well, has just had new chain & sprockets and its Desmo service so I may as well go play. I have in fact managed to source an excellent s/h swing arm from which all the paint has not leapt so will swap that over at some point. Some PJ1 on the engine cases will help too. I do get the impression that Ducati has not been able to address the Euro 4 controls at all well and the current range appears to be suffering as a result. Maybe by next model year they'll have got their act together.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Worth saying I have made the front preload what it should be. Having NOT hit indiated 148 last week with the top box fitted, it was moving about a bit but nothing like what is being described. And there was across wind and there was a top box...

15. No chance, piss off you traitor :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. It is not the number of valves per cam but the cam acceleration deceleration since a bike engine speeds up faster. The forces of accelerating the levers of the desmo in both up and down and at the same time rotating by DVT the camshaft. There is a safe mode though that locks the DVT rotary pistons at 0 degrees if something happens ( a lot can hapen from oil pressure variations to sensor noise etc). Time will tell, but for someone else after the warranty expiration.

17. Shut it! Miserable old git!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. ALGUEIN QUE HABLE ESPAÑOL PARA CONSULTA DE INA DUCATI MULTIESTRADA

19. It's like the bike knows I've given up on it. For the past week the steering lock on the faultistrada has worked flawlessly. It barely even worked when I picked the bike up over a year ago! It's giving me hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information