1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metzeler Roadtec 02

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Android853sp, Feb 26, 2024.

1. @Android853sp how have you found the 02's long term now compared to the 01SE's?

I'm currently running Rosso Corsa 4's. I've been very happy with the handling etc..., but the rear wear isn't great. Done approx 2400 miles and the rear centre is close to the wear indicator. Not sure how they'll perform in wet conditions though, although I'd only be riding in the rain if got caught out in the rain or touring.

2. @Sicilian, the wear rate seems to be pretty good but I’m not as comfortable pushing the front as hard as with the 01SE. Can’t put my finger on it but it doesn’t quite bite and I have felt the front push more than I’m comfortable with. Reflecting on my trip to north Somerset where the weather was appalling, I don’t think the 02 coped with the standing water and gravel as well as the 01SE. It could be the extra 40kg but will be putting a set of 01SE’s on after I’ve shagged the Metzeler M7RR’s currently fitted ……. which won’t be long :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. I quite like the look of the M7RR to, never tried them. They look a more sporty tyre. How do you find the wear on them?

4. The M7RR is my all time favourite scratching tyre, suited my Multistrada 1200 as if the tyre was designed for it. Quick to warm up, very grippy but with the penalty of an average of 2000 miles. I’m just riding for fun at the moment, taking a break from IAM RS observing, so using up a set of M7s I did a trip to France on last year. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. At 2K miles I doubt I'd go for them. Prefer a set that would do 4K+ miles with a sporty feel to them.

6. IMG_20240707_143557.jpg
    I did 1600 miles last week up through France (on an R1200RT, sorry to foul the forum) on the Roadtec 02s. I'd previously had Roadtec 01 SEs fitted. I think these 02s are sportier in terms of profile, the steering feels quicker. In terms of outright grip and warm-up I can't notice the difference. I actually prefer the 01 SEs on my RT, they are slightly lazier with a flatter profile and that suits the bike well. Or at least, suits me well. The 02s are, for my money, a gripper version of the Metzeler Z8 (which despite being long in the tooth, still is a cracking tyre).

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information