1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milan Bike Show 2012 november

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by marklwhittaker, Jul 19, 2012.

1. You can definitely buy the tickets at the main entrance, close to the tube station exit.

Regarding the accomodation in Milan, I don't have so many tips, actually I did not probably ever stay in a hotel in Milan having my flat there, but I would reccomend to choose one close to the tube station (possible the red line), as this one brings you directly to the exhibition center (stop "RHO FIERA") quite quickly.

If you don't want to stay in the very central area, you can stay in one of the areas which are not so central but quite famous for the nightlife, at least you can find good places to go in the evening.

These areas are:

Area around Porta Genova - this is on the green tube but you can quickly reach the exchange station for the red one so I think it's a good place to stay. There are some streets as via Tortona, via Vigevano, Porta Genova, Navigli really really full of people. Probably the best area to stay for people who wants to have some fun.

Area around the stop station De Angeli - on the red tube, very convenient to reach the fair, especially via Marghera is pretty full of nice places to go for dinner or for a drink

There might be other areas to stay, but it really depends on what you want to do during your stay.

I won't be probably able to go back to Milan for that weekend, and it will be the first time after 5 years that I am missing this fantastic event :(

Have fun and take some pictures for me :smile:

2. OK well I'm in, myself and Douglas all booked up fly out on the Friday pm from Manchester back Sunday afternoon, accomodation to be confirmed.

Also sorted a trade pass to boot, happy days.

3. Off to the show tomorrow at stupid o/clock from Gatwick.....

4. Nice! Ducati have confirmed the Diavel Dark for 2013, but there are a few more surprises in store!! :wink:

5. which is why its taken me so long to go. Rubbish times from airports miles away. Ryanair flying us out to Bergamo at 13:00 hrs on Saturday returning Tues at 11:00 hrs for £24 return with £0 taxes. Can't even get a one way ticket from Bham to Gatwick for that!

6. Our flights Gatwick to Malpensa are good times really 7am out and 9pm back its just we live about 2 hours away and so have to leave just after 3 to get there and eat etc....

Return cost was only £52. You look today and its about £200 return now....

7. Aha will do....

I keep badgering my mates to do a 2 dayer and fly to Bologna and do the factory etc and then travel down to show for day 2 and fly back from Milano....

8. Just back from the show. Took Ryanair from Birmingham Saturday morning. Did the show on Sunday, a day around Milan on the Monday and returned Tuesday afternoon for £24 return - No taxes! Flew into Bergamo where I counted 15 Ryanair planes on the tarmac!, and took the 1 hr bus to Milan for 9 euro return. Cost me more to do the NEC!

First time at the show and it won't be the last and makes the NEC look like a village shop...its huge. The Hyperstrada is fantastic and ideal for my short euro breaks. I Like the Multistrada but for my needs it was just too big and I needed a cut down, 3/4 sized Multi, well this is what the Hyperstrada is....brilliant. Plus points over the Hyper, a touring screen that's effective and not too big, nice practical hard luggage, smart new exhaust system and brand new 821cc motor. It really looks the part and will be a seller considering the Hyper never really took off in the UK.

#30 Banus, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

9. See my thread, a few of us were there at the weekend also.. However the Hyperstrada for me was a no go, the seat still forced you to sit too low and it felt cramped for me (6ft) exactly the same as the original. Worth noting I saw 3 seperate systems for the Multi/Hyperstrada

10. You mean exhaust systems?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information