1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misano 2015 **spoiler**

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Air Duck, Sep 8, 2015.

?
  1. Rossi The Relentless?

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Marquez The Marauder?

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Lorenzo The Laser?

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Your Gran?

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. I'd say, like your last paragraph, that the satellite teams don't have the know how. The might of HRC have always been willing to give every employees first born to be winning. They have all the historical data, all the best bits, they can afford to make sure they have the best technicians, they have casey as a test rider... everything is in their favour.

Satellite teams are effectively renting a bike with no access to all of that so they are striving to learn the bike and it's picky setup. Redding has said that due to having no data, they're turning up at tracks and having no idea if the bike/setup will be good or bad so they spend the weekend trying to work it all out.

Herve and his tech 3 lot have been on yams for years so probably know almost as much as the top boys, that's why they can consistently run well. Teams that have switched bikes (Abraham's lot) have to start from scratch too.

Bautista's bike, although new, is a factory aprilia. They may not have their 2016 full on 'prototype', but they're throwing it all at the return to make sure they're successful. Apparently the seamless shift gearbox they have is about the best on track.

• Like Like x 1
  2. them fans are nuts but i remember brands wsb when Foggy was the king 120,000 going chicken oriental ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    if only we had a rider on top factory bike
    great shot by sniper to get Lorenzo, fans only there for one man
    why is he liked so much ?

3. Foggy vs Rossi..on a MGp no contest. Foggy wouldnt make top 5 on Marquez bike ;)

Fogy vs Rossi on a SBk, would be different

but my instinct tells me Rossi after a year on SBK would be winning, Foggy after a year on MGP would be moping in the caravan with Whit sucking him off

• Funny Funny x 2
    • He smiles a lot.
    • He wins a lot.
    • He does interesting, media-friendly things when he wins.
    • He always used to have a do-or-die attitude: crash or win. He's matured over the years but he's not the sort to settle for a safe place in the normal course of events.
    • He has built himself into a brand. No matter who he has ridden for, he has always maintained some fluo yellow on his kit. He has spent effort doing different paint schemes for different helmets, bikes, races.
    • He has a mad Italian accent.
    • He doesn't take himself too seriously, but probably takes his racing very seriously.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. And he works hard. For any GP, look up who does the most laps in each practice? Who spends more time than anybody else training, having discussions with engineers, talking to the media, studying his profession, updating his skills, maintaining his profile?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Despite being considered an old dog, he's dedicated and believes in himself enough to have completely reinvented himself since his return to Yamaha.

6. I was at Misano ,in the paddock after qualifying everybody had left the pit boxes, rossi came out at 9.30 pm with his fans going mental to see him. That's why because he is still so dedicated to win.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trouble is Cal hasn't had a works bike .
    He is like Foggy he was moody antisocial bastard during race week .must be frustrating knowing you can't compete due to no fault of your own .it's not a level playing field

8. he must love you,,, so whose fault is it that he stuffs it every bloody weekend ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. He never has or never will be a top 4 rider FACT !!! And he doesn't help himself with his persona, spoke to Bradley's dad at Misano what a nice down to earth guy, just keeps in the background but he was so chuffed and proud to see all the sacrifices come together. Just one more thing if crashlow had half the brains of bradders he might finish top 8 !

10. Not Misano I know but breaking racing news. Red flag due to track surface contamination... It's Hopper's bike... It's broken down

11. Cant believe that !!!!!

12. Cant believe that !!!!!

13. I know, unbelievable! I genuinely though I'd see a man eat his own head before that bike went bang

14. Can we keep to Misano please. Some of us precious types like to know we are safe when opening a thread :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information