1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mk1 Or Mk2 Golf Gti

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sambighair, Jan 29, 2023.

1. If it was a proper midlife crisis you’d buy a desmosedici ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. I got a shock.. Cabriolets seem cheaper, they don't work for me at all.

3. Na me either! Tin top all the way!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Not a hairdresser then Chris?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. with the top down, in yellow, they remind one that the shape, albeit quite memorable in the day, ain't far removed from that of a skip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. helps that front wings can be unbolted from memory. Already clocked that it looks like a "soft" dent, which were usually quite enjoyable and if it is, In my day I would have removed that without a trace.

[​IMG]

7. If I get that one I’ll pop around ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. 110 bhp / 1900lb What do you drive now?

9. Currently on an insignia estate 2.0 … family wagon! Last hot VW I had was a mk5 R32 last year

10. So 250 bhp/ 1541lbs. Thats a massive difference in performance to a GTi.

11. Yeah but it’s not all about bhp, enjoying the journey is much more fun than arriving early … with 3 points :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Very true, though I think I'd find the journeys a little too long in a heavyish sub 180 car. But they do look good. Maybe if you could supercharge it and stick in some Porsche seats & coilovers??? LOL

Have fun with it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I’m surprised that the mk5 Golf is lighter than a mk1 Golf. Given the added safety features in modern cars my understanding is cars are getting heavier.

14. My mate has a Golf R and finds it sometimes frustrating to be stuck behind cars on ‘fast’ B roads in Wales. Sometimes less is more.

15. Yes sometimes -but not everyday!

16. you must find walking anywhere a real pain then Jez. :)

17. A mk1 is around 900kg… the mk5 with the v6 lump, dsg and haldex system is considerably heavier

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information