1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Modes - A Confession

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by gc6269, Jun 14, 2018.

1. For those of us with single sparks with the Öhlins SCU, it only works off the three different engine maps in semi-active mode, so we effectively have a ‘spare’ mode - either Enduro or Urban. So I keep the four Urban sub-modes for various manual settings - wet track, dry track etc...

2. That's an awesome road. I covered it about 5 years ago on a ZZR1400 at a very indiscreet speed.

3. Touring most of the time, especially for long trips. Sports for fun/chasing/leaving ‘Sports’ bike behind. Urban for London traffic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Used urban a lot trying to get past all the Friday Cotswolds hoards.

5. I use Touring most of time, configured with the faster (Sport) throttle response. I use Urban when setting off, in large built up areas, when filtering and lane splitting. I've configured Urban with the softest suspension settings, front and back. Rarely use Sport unless solo on a really smooth road, unfortunately there seems to be less of these around in the UK nowadays. There are better roads in mainland Europe however I'm usually fully loaded solo or two up and over loaded. When I'm two up and loaded (panniers, top case and big tank bag), I start off in Solo load setting, then remember to change the setting after grinding the main stand on the first corner :)

6. Well, they say the original project was to create a bike 4 in 1. We all know is more like 3 because enduro is not really one of her capabilities, but hey ho, if you combine the 4 riding modes with the 3 throttle response settings than you will have 12 different bikes. Enough to keep it for longer :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information