1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Important Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Only one winner anyhoo - the granddaddy of them all...

Radio-Ducati-RR3404-paniere-1950-02-665x523.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. I apologize if you feel that I did not propose a coherent debate. I have insufficient command of the English language to outline it more clearly and more simply. Perhaps you could help me ask the question in better English? I would appreciate that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. We are no better placed to assist unfortunately :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OOPS

Relax @Tommaso. It was lighthearted. :) Please dont take anything I post seriously.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Its the 2013 899, dont listen to anyone else.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Over the Years probably various models, as for now days Multistrada, but the Diaval, and Scrambler has had a huge impact on boosting sales, at the same time a huge impact on after sales service, they are losing Customers now because of poor after sales service, regarding warranty issues, and actually servicing time delays this has added on big increases in service costs as well over the last 2 years imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Multistrada, but the Diaval, and Scrambler = the least Ducati of them all o_O

8. :yum:upyeah:
    If anyone reading your message gets offended it's not a big problem! LOL. Sorry, but facts don't care about feelings!

9. Lol, Im not a fan of harleys. They never nod back, everyone else does, but Harley riders ime do not.

10. and GS riders, they seem to hate me. They shake their heads a lot, but I think that's a different thing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I'm new here, so I tread lightly and respectfully.

But my original post is a legitimate question that actually spurred from a conversation I had with my wife (Russian) and her girl friends who know nothing about bikes. I was commenting on a thread suggesting to the OP to not sell his 998R when one of the girls, who knew nothing about bikes, asked me what kind of brand was Ducati.

I had just enough time to Google one image of one Ducati bike to describe the whole marque and I googled the 998.

We then begun wondering about Lamborghini cars, Riva boats, etc... and which model defined each brand better.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I'm new here, so I tread lightly and respectfully.

But my original post is an honest question that actually spurred from a conversation I had with my wife (She's Russian, Italian girls would know everything about Ducs! LOL) and her girl friends who know nothing about bikes.

I was commenting on a thread suggesting to the OP to not sell his 998R when one of the girls asked me what kind of brand was Ducati. I had just enough time to Google one image of one Ducati bike to describe the whole marque, and I googled the 998.

We then begun wondering about Lamborghini cars, Riva boats, etc... and which model defined each brand better.

13. I wouldn't bother, subtlety is wasted on this lot... :D

Most Ducati?

Panigale 899 / 1199 / 1299
    916 / 748 / 996 / 998
    Supersport 900 (91 - 97)
    851 / 888
    MHR
    '74 750 SS
    Mach 1

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Oh Firestarter, you can be sooo hurtful :sob:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Something that epitomises the brand?
    Ducati: 916
    Lamborghini: Countach
    Ferrari: Tesatarossa
    Simples

• Like Like x 1
  16. Epitomise !

That's the word that i was looking for! The thread title should be:

Which Ducati better epitomizes the brand?

Thanks for helping me with my English language challenges! :upyeah::yum Can I change the title?

17. Ferrari: Testarossa? Are you mad? out of all the pretty Ferrari's you chose that?; that wide as a bus mess? Its the Ferrari Fuglistrada. You were doing so well with the 1st two as well. Or did you mean the 1957 Testa Rossa? Personally the 250GTO wouldve been a safer choice considering they sell for excess of £50M.

18. But would someone with a passing interest in cars recognise them as the icons they are? That's why I said the Testarossa as I guess most people would tag it as a Ferrari.
    Me, I would go for the last of the analogue Ferraris, an F40.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Passed up a fully restored Dino in 1984 for £8500.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information