1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Important Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017.

1. image.jpeg This is the best Ducati

• Like Like x 4
  2. One Ducati model which everyone forgets about is the 1989 Pantah 500SL, Taglioni's design to improve on the bevels. Every Ducati engine since, until the Panagale and now the V4, has been a development from this engine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I love that Ducati. It's potent & masculine, way more than the 916 series! That's testosterone on wheels! (The bike, I mean)

• Like Like x 1
  4. cool, so it aint just me then. i dont get the 916 thing butt ugly. around the headlights and the way fairing folds round the bars. not for me.

#124 finm, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  5. That wasn't the question though was is - Savage :thinkingface:

6. nope. it wasn't an answer to the original question and nor was it an answer. it was an opinion. *finger*

7. I don't share your tastes re the details that you mention. In fact I find exactly those very attractive.

From my personal perspective the 916 is the sexy and head turning beautiful girl in a tight, short, evening dress with high heels while the SS is the ignorant miner or dockyard worker that exhudes manliness and testosterone, in tank top and jeans.

I dare say that they would have a fabulous night under the sheets together...

@El Toro, are sexually evocative smilies allowed?

8. Try getting out more perhaps? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bit Savage :)

10. yip, you have to remember i ride a fugly as one of my bikes so some might not think i am qualified to make such observations.
    i say screw em. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. QUOTE="Exige, post: 979103, member: 25311"]Try getting out more perhaps? :)[/QUOTE]... can't! Wife has radar!

12. What's a fugly?

13. upload_2017-9-15_12-40-9.jpeg
    all the bike you need dude, all the bike you need. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Thanks for not posting a picture from the front :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. You,sir,are mental.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ouch... that's really ugly.

It's from the Terblanche era. I met Pierre in Tokyo and in Italy quite a few times and I like him, as a person, but his design... hmmm... better a lawn mower! At the time I was collaborating with Ing. Comini, the owner of Bimota, I had a mandate for certain responsibilities, so we looked at him and Ken Okuyama for a new Bimota design.

We decided against Pierre and in favour of Ken (but ended up with internal design) not because his design was not desirable, per se, but because his design did not evoke Bimota.

Actually, this thread is perfect to discuss this point: the Terblanche design did not reflect the idea and image of the brand. When manufacturers have to choose a design they need to protect the brand's image & identity.

Finm, sell your multi purpose, multi crap, multi design, bike and get a single purpose & beauty, real bike!

17. Do as youre told!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. maybe, i am told trying new things can be good for you.
    anyhoo, heres the thing. i have the fugly, an 848evo SC, in my workshop, i also have a aprillia habbana custom (mine) and a v.old bmw 650 i store for a mate, everybody that comes in and walks right past the ducs and comment on the other two, always favorably. what does that tell you?

19. Your opinion is now worthless: at last we know who to blame...... YOU!

motorbike426260.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information