Motogp R1 - Portimao **will Contain Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Android853sp, Mar 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Like Like x 2
  1. There's always a rider who is the 'bad boy' or wild child, look at fenati. Simonchelli was really dangerous also, but when he was killed it was like he was a hero, proper two face stuff. Not that I am in anyway saying he 'deserved' to loose his life btw, before anyone thinks that!!!!

I think the sprint races will settle down eventually, the bit no one seems to have mentioned is how good it was to see KTM and Aprilia up there battling with the Ducati.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The sprint races will have to settle down such is the attrition rate so far.

It is good to see that the fear that it becomes a Ducati challenge appears to be unfounded. It would be good to see both the remaining Japanese brands in the mix, whether that be MM or whoever.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It’s always a shame when people aren’t able to make the most of their talent, whether through luck, circumstance or good old-fashioned self-destruction.

It would have been bizarre if this hadn’t happened. Maybe MM will be fit for the next race after all?

4. Insightful, kind of what I was trying to say the other day.
    Mat Oxley and the rider quotes sum it all up very well.
    Its as if the riders putting their bodies and lives on the line was not enough already. Some people will not be happy until we have something more like Death Race 2000.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Is that really where we are? “Immense psychological burden”? Of Moto GP stars?
    Is that the modern way to phrase “self generated pressure to perform at your best” ?
    So these well paid elite athletes are not saying “I have the best job in the world and am making my dreams a reality”? Or “I would do this for free if I had to”? Shame.
    I wonder if they know there are two sides to the fence around a track, but you have to pay to be on the other side.

6. It would appear that you have a different take on the situation than do the riders, far enough.

7. Another example of a world gone crazy. Mental health, one of the new buzz words for facing up to expectations by others and yourself to perform. Part of being a top athlete is mental strength to over come. Funny enough, part of doing any job is putting up with stuff you don’t like and persevering. That’s life; shame many of the younglings these days don’t get it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. These guys ride with broken bones… they are not lacking in mental fortitude.

MM made a comment while they were being taken around the track to wave at the spectators that they were spending more time with the fans than on the track. I thought that was quite telling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Must remember to tell my mate who lost her brother to suicide at 45 years old, he was just weak.
    And the families of both my classmates who took their own lives before they were 21.
    If only they’d just manned up and persevered. Mental health is just a new buzz word apparently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. So is “Snowflake”. Apparently.

11. Pokers corner beckons.:joy:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haven’t read the article, just the co,ment. Also saw an interview with Antony Joshua who was talking about his mental health being affected by all the negative comments about him. It’s being pushed everywhere. Is it true? He’ll yeah, most hate crimson and it affects ‘their mental health’ in that is can make someone sad/depressed/angry. But that’s not a mental health condition, the way everyone talks about it today. Mental health condition is bi-polar, thinking you’re napoleon (or gender neutral, or a hawk, or potentially you’re a women when you’re a man attracted to women who just likes dressing like a woman so identifies but doesn’t transition …). Being about sad isn’t.

13. He must feel pressure in this and it must affect his decision making. We’ve all done that ‘I used to be able to do it, I’ve still got it in me!’ with mixed outcomes. How much is the bike, how much of Marquez, we won’t know til he tries another make.

What do we think: his management team looking at other rides behind the scenes? I’d love to see him on another make

14. The article doesn’t at all mention mental health as such more the added pressure.

It deals with the pressures of racing with the adding of another race to the burden/pressure on the whole team not just the rider.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anyone see the thread title recently?... no... didn't think so....

The good news from the weekend, 4 riders out from Round 1, if the same happens at Round 2, you never know, Frankie Morbidelli might even get into the top 10.....

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. If they’re not reading the title small wonder the links to articles aren’t being read but commented on.

Time to wasteland this thread and start another for Argentina once the riders are riding?

• Like Like x 3
  17. That’s how the internet works – comment about a linked article without reading it... That’s why clickbait headlines are so important.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. A blessing and a curse, the tools are there but the users are unwilling to read beyond the title so jump to a pre determined conclusion.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information