1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp R1 - Portimao **will Contain Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Android853sp, Mar 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just seen no surgery for Enea and back for the US GP but a "long recovery process" for Pol. I wonder if KTM/Gas Gas will get anyone in to replace him - Jake D?

The impact he must have taken to break his jaw under a lid though, jesus :eek:

2. Surely Pedrosa will ride? it would make sense, keeps him sharp and he can continue to try some stuff to bring them forwards.

I think it would be a mistake for Jake, he's got a genuine chance this year of being top 3-4 in the championship, and that's something that he should really be focussed on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ah yeh i didnt think of wee Dani.

Speaking of which he was on the Rainey Rides Again doc which is superb if anyone hasnt seen it (I watched it last weekend).

4. Why wasteland it? 95% is on thread and decent discussion with different opinions.

Suspect if it carries on Cal and Dani will be put into play, along with Brad Smith ! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agreed.
    The next thread can be opened for Argentina. The Sprint race will be old news and…
    …MM will not be riding there, so we can expect things to be a lot quieter afterwards o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you’re referring to my post then you skim read it and came to an incorrect conclusion. I didn’t say to wasteland I merely suggested that it seemed likely it would become it’s likely destination.

7. And I was simply enquiring why.

On thread, just seen Honda are appealing ….. saying the change of sanction from Argentina to next race Marquez has it outside the rules. It’s like F1! :joy:

8. Because that where I predict it could possibly go.

Well if it is proven to be outside the rules then it’s a legitimate appeal, given how much time and money Honda pump into their team they’ve legitimate concerns on how the rules are applied by the FIM. It would appear on face value that the FIM are bending to the outcry on the leniency or otherwise of the original penalty wording. It may well be that from this FIM will learn to word their penalties better.

It happens in all motorsports I’ve come across it isn’t just confined to F1.

9. So was at 2022 Goodwood doing passenger rides up the hill in a Panamera turbo hybrid. For those that don't know everyone pretty much queues at the bottom, does their run up, then queues at the top until all have gone up. Then you all come back down in a line.
    Not something you see in your rear view mirror every day...

IMG_1693.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1

10. Haha that’s superb!

11. I’m not sure on the Yellow leathers on a Red/Silver bike. But you like what you like;)

12. Do you know who the second rider is and what the bike is?

13. Should I care or do you need to be all train spotter to qualify to comment?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I “watched it” this morning after spending the weekend at Cartanega. The sprint race was fun but the main event after the ram raid was very dull. I actually went to sleep in it. And it was mid morning. o_O:joy:

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Old age mid morning sleepy nigh nigh or the thrill of the race?;)

16. 6 days away on the track and booze did for me. Plus a dull race.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hope you didn’t slippy slide on the wetty gripper and had a spiffing time wearing through tyres and pads and beer.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeah but you had an extra day in Spain on the sauce and probably needed the sleep ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. From memory teams can only skip 1 round without replacing the rider, so I would imagine no replacement for Argentina for Pol, but as they know it's going to be a long recovery they'll have to find someone for a few rounds.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information