1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp R1 - Portimao **will Contain Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Android853sp, Mar 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh dear…..I may well have jinxed MM return……

2. Looked out of control from the green light completely unacceptable.
    Should be a bare minimum double penalty lap next week.

3. Next sprint race exclusion?

4. If he gets a penalty I imagine it will be for the same race type. Big if though it past experience is anything to go by.
    Infuriating listening to that tit “Gav” try and defend it

5. F9390283-DC52-4F9C-80CB-B32497DE97FA.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Great ride from maverick and the non dickhead marquez brother :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Not quite the Ducati fest I was expecting. Great to see the Aprilia and KTMs up there.
    And such a shame no Suzuki now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. An absolutely disgraceful piece of uncontrolled, irrational "riding"? by Marquez.

I appreciate that the Honda is an incredibly difficult bike to ride and control from pretty much every aspect, however, to continue to ride the bike like that, completely ignoring other riders 'on-track', is categorically unacceptable. Yet another example of Marquez considering himself above the rules.

To me he should at the very least get a 10 second penalty and even to start from the back of the grid.
    I don't believe that Race Direction will be brave enough though, to hand him the appropriate sanction.

Undoubtedly a great rider, but his on track behaviour and dangerous attitude simply needs to be addressed. :scream:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Surely nobody needs an explanation of why MM is not liked after that.
    Completely out of control from the first corner. A long lap penalty will not be enough, he needs to sit some races out.

What a brilliant race apart from the idiot. Well done Vinales, Aprilia and KTM. A one bike race series would be boring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Watching it back again now and I don’t know how 93’s mis judged it so badly without a mechanical issue.

Fair to say 2023 season has had a fair old rate of attrition so far :weary_face:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. There can’t be many who don’t have history with MM tbh, maybe he was just the most vocal about what needs to be done when interviewed due to the history between them?

Double lap penalty, seems Dorna want to penalise him lightly….

https://the-race.com/motogp/marquez-penalised-for-crash-completely-agrees-with-sanction/

12. He claimed it was down to his front tyre…..but everyone could see he was riding wild. Moments before the torpedo attack he was completely out of the seat on another corner.
    I dont get why they continue to be so lenient and pussy foot around him. While we want exciting, close racing, he seems to have a different idea to what that entails to the rest of those on the grid.
    Pleased to see Miguel has no broken bones, though soft tissue damage can take longer to repair properly than a break. Could have been much worse.

13. Yes I saw that but he claimed the same problem for another rider but he didn’t fetch another rider off.

From what I’ve watched of his documentary he openly admits he’s an asshole and finds it funny, he’ll carry on being reckless until the penalties match his DGAF behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I not defending him as i'm last person that would do, but why is everybody surprised as he's been like that from day one on the race circuit and nobody's ever complained.:confused:

15. My thoughts exactly, he’s been riding like that and getting away with it for years.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. MM has apparently has fractured his right thumb and has been given a double long lap penalty in the next race. Too lenient IMO, I agree with previous comments, he was desperate to prove himself as a serious contender and pushed too hard and lost control, a complete race ban should have been the punishment, but maybe his injury will rule him out anyway. I really hope Oliveira makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information