1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Live 2013

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Didn't the show stop for a couple of years for this exact reason: falling attendances and it switching between Earls Court and NEC

Isn't the Milan show free...and all about metal and plastic rather than stalls and tat

2. I've been saying that for years but no-one listens. Mind you, I probably didn't help by insisting on going every year; from now on I'm voting with my feet.

3. Won't your toes get stuck in the ballot box? :wink:

4. I did think better this that last few years - I guess not having to pay for tickets helped but would have probably gone anyway - parking was £8 for car drivers

Last year took my youngest and I guess for this age group (18) its a great opportunity to see all the bikes and gear together in one place - there did seem to be focus on the next generation which is great

We are far too old and cynical these days - but you guys know that already ;-)

Liked the Abba Sky Lift to - good to see stuff like this 'in the flesh'

• Like Like x 1
  5. Compared to Milan the NEC is nothing but a car boot sale

6. I first went when I was sixteen. There were topless models then, as well as loud music, bargain kit, deals done if you bought a bike at the show, fairly reasonably priced hotdogs, and more boobs. The magazine stands were well worth a visit cos they were always giving away freebies, and the salesmen used to practically drag you from the aisles in order to work their pitch on you. I was hooked, I think I've only missed 3 of the last 30-odd shows.

The show is nowhere near as good as it used to be, but it could be made much better very easily.

7. I enjoyed the show Saturday, parking was £8 not £10 ?
    Stayed overnight then a trip to Llandudno Sunday for the night, called into Ducati woods. Did some Xmas shopping with the misses feet were killing me.

Side shows were good, bikes were brill, seemed to be more on show than usual??? and more stands.
    My wife bought me a Duc watch and saved £40 that's gone to Santa....he bloody better bring it back!!:eek:
    Morgan car and the super leagra looked fantastic. Don't mind if santa brings these instead:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. My bad with the parking. I only saw a sign, but didnt have to pay as I had a pass :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I went on Sunday and was surprised at the apparent low attendance, I was expecting wall to wall punters. Highlights for me? None of the bikes would tempt me off my Diavel. Actually the best bit for me was the Ocean BMW coach trip there and back with free coffee and bacon sarnies before the off and beer, crisps and chocolates given out going and coming back. Well done Ocean!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Was on the Honda stand, well I was bored, and asked why the new VFR wasn't on the stand.....the reply was 'you're standing next to it sir'. That's the way to turn a boring looking bike into an equally boring looking bike if ever there was. Should sell well to the 'Honda is a safe buy' punters.
    Triumph clearly haven't fired their headlight stylist yet...the Street Triple still has that weird pair of front lights and now they have let the same guy/gal loose on the Thunderbird Commander and LT headlights. Ye gods!
    Thought the new Indian range was 'pretty' and should give Harley a headache or three. Loved the quality light brown leather seat and panniers (bags?) but boy the bikes looked extra long to me, maybe it was all the flat panels they felt they needed to fit to connect with their past.
    The KTM stand bikes were so simialr in their orange/white livery you had to read the display info to detect what you were looking at.
    The Ducati and BMW stands seemed well attended with BMW in particular making an effort.
    CCM deserves a mention for they way they displayed their unique frame construction.

11. And still no bloody pics...:mad:

12. This will give you a flavour of it :wink:

711131-market-stall-dijver-bruges-belgium.jpeg

711131-market-stall-dijver-bruges-belgium.jpeg

13. This Shoei Reverb Helmet which retails at £639.99 was being sold for £440 after a bit of haggling.

shoei_x-spirit-2_reverb-tc2.jpg

shoei_x-spirit-2_reverb-tc2.jpg

14. Just for you figgy :tongue: just some random pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Now that is a great deal. :upyeah:

17. Motorcycle Live this weekend

Right, PeterT is hopeless so I'm left as billy no mates for the show this weekend. I'd like to go Saturday and I can drive and offer lifts for a share of fuel.

Any takers?

18. can you pick me up? :wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information