1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Live 2013

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 29, 2013.

1. From Yorkshire? Yeah Im sure he'd love to drive 100+ extra miles just to pick you up :tongue:

2. Threads merged :smile:

3. He offered :wink:

4. peter sutcliffe always seemed happy to go the extra mile…!

5. Review now on the homepage

• Like Like x 1
  6. you probably got one of the promo staff that don't actually work for them other than the show to get data capture

7. Had a very agreeable day there today, not too busy, parked in the station car park which is the same price but much more convenient.

Good to be able to cock a leg over so many bikes, the 899 was gorgeous in the flesh, mega desirable! to sit on it still has the same DNA as my old SS, same riding position and same slim feel which none of the Japanese bikes seem to provide.

Interestingly seeing all the manufacturers together lets you really compare the quality, shocked how bad Yamaha and Suzuki build quality is, they are really built down to a price, Kawasaki however have really upped their game recently, most of their of their bikes are now really well finished.

If you shop hard there are some reasonable buys to be had, but no less than can be found on eBay, but at least you can try the stuff on, came back with a pair of RST Kevlar jeans which will be great for next summer. So all in all a great day and I would thoroughly recommend bunking off work before the end of the week and getting there.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Watched it on Sky last night, as a bit of a taster. Now on my way to see it for real

9. Thermal liners in; rolled around on the floor for 10 minutes though. They work as I'm now rather hot!! Tools at the ready for spares liberation! Off to the NEC I go for a visit tomorrow :upyeah:

10. I went today and saved £210 on a Schuberth C3 Pro, pair of Daytona GTX boots and a pair of Rukka R-Tech Goretex gloves, so I was very happy (since it was all stuff I'd planned to buy anyway). All box fresh, too, with seals intact :) Oh yeah, and I met Alex Lowes too and Prince William turned up and sat on a Ducati Superleggera about 15ft from where I was standing.

11. So you went for the cheap tat then :rolleyes:

12. I went back yesterday and apart from seeing Prince William walking around and meeting up with Tim and then Mel, i tried to buy a helmet i wanted. which was the Tomizawa rep Shoei. It was only available through Helmet City and was already discounted down to £389. Went over, tried in on, told them I'd think about it and wandered off. Came back about two hours later and made them an offer. Now hands up, I will admit I made an over of about £50 under the asking price and was prepared to meet in the middle somewhere, but the man, bloke with the final say, so possibly owner acted like a total know IMO. When 'talking' to me, didnt even look at me. He seemed more interested in what was going on at the stall to his left. Its not like he'd seen that stall for the last week or anything. Anyway, it was clear I was interested, the helmet was 2011 stock that was made on a very limited run, but he didnt even try to make the dale. I wasnt rude, but after being treated like that, he could have offered me the lid at £300 and I would have told him to f-off. Helmet City = shit. Lids Direct = :upyeah:

13. Nice to bump into Matt Saturday pleased to meet you hope you and GF had a great time :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matt I brought a Helmet from Helmet city .
    He wouldn't do a cash deal for me either I asked for £20 off for cash he said no!
    Obviously did not want a sale .
    This was at the end of the day on the last day.

2 wears and it broke .. ( ok not HC fault) .
    They were so rude when I called about it.
    I had to send it back and I explained I rode daily please could it be sorted fast as poss.

I sent it back took a while no lid back .
    Rang up and they blamed me for not posting it fast enough ...
    I said er I did and special delivery !

Now I'd have just sent the customer a new lid and returned to factory the crap one ....

Nope they then send my lid back to Italy ....
    It took a few weeks ..
    I got my lid back scratched minus tool and then they wouldn't refund postage.
    It was a joke ...

They were a rude company.
    Oh the " discount " they sell for at NEC is lies.
    They sold my lid on eBay for less then the NEC show special price !
    I was furious never would buy from that lot again

15. Its shocking sometimes isn't it, that some people who are in business, don't know how to run a business.

16. That's why it's not that difficult to run a successful one, most are so bad at it, all you need to do is to be half decent at what you do and you'll succeed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Treat people as you'd like to be treated I find is a good motto.
    I hated working in sales but always smiled and spoke to people in a nice informed manor.
    If they were decent to me I'd look after them.

Manners cost nothing that applies to business and life on the whole.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information