1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mts1200 2013

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DesmoDucMan, Jul 17, 2012.

1. MCN review on youtube 2013 Ducati Multistrada first ride - YouTube
    at 3 mins, it is shorter than the Ducati video

"Really impressed with the model, the active suspension does work and you can feel it working"

"If you have the old model, which is an excellent motorcycle, I would not be running to the Ducati showrooms to upgrade"

#61 DonaldDuc, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Mcn writeup pretty much said its exactly the same as the current one! Minor facelift, no biggi.

3. Hi Vindaloo

And this already IS mine, seems there are a few similarities :smile:

Killybegs.jpg

Killybegs.jpg

4. OOF Gorgeous!

5. Well I know it will handle this type of country Driving Through The Australian Outback I don't think the italians produced any tanks of note, tanks that had reliability. Seems Fiat was the major manufacturer of pretty underwhelling models that would not compare to the German machinery, seems the be the same today ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well I'm hoping to buy a 2013 Grandterismo model in April 2013, if my shares mature by then, I did nip to a dealers a few weeks ago to have a good look around a 2012 S tourer, and he seemed very keen to get me to put a diposit on one saying as long as I put a good deposit on one it will be no problem keeping it untill April, and we'll even throw in a Sat nav, tall screen and top box. now I think I realise why, saw the 2013 wright up in mcn 2 weeks ago, Sneaky lil feker.
    I wonderd at the time why he was adament you couldnt get one in white then suddenly changed his mind.

That by the way is a disapointment, When I first read the review and saw the pics I didnt like the fact they have moved away from olins and stuck a pair of silver forks on them, But I'm guessing the Sachs suspention is somthing to do with the Audi takeover along with incoperating the LED running lights the Audi have brought to the motoring world.
    Twin spark plugs? I'm not sure I rate that idea, it's another italian manufacturer (Alpha Romeo) trying to bump up service costs.
    but that said I'm still getting one.

#67 jcmental, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  7. Good luck with the purchase and I'm sure you'll give it a test ride first but thought you might be interested in my dealers take on the new 13 multi. He told me last week he went for a test in Bilbao and came back that impressed he went and bought himself a 2012 S Touring with the £1k+ freebie bolt on currently being offered. Apparently he couldn't get on with the new suspension at all (no dive whatsoever when you brake) and, as he put it "what's with the new screen flapping around?" He thought he'd broken it!

He did say the new suspension was great going over speed bumps so that's a more pleasant trip to Tescos then! :upyeah:

Seriously though whether it's the 12 or 13 model the multi is a fantastic bike and you won't regret it if your stocks come good.

Mark H

8. Interesting how they are priced differently in each country

[TABLE="width: 680"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]2013 Model - England[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]2013 Model - USA[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]2012 Model - OZ[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Conversion rate[/TD]
    [TD]1.5533[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Conversion rate[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]0.965[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Australian Prices[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Model[/TD]
    [TD]Pounds[/TD]
    [TD]$Aus[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Model[/TD]
    [TD]$US[/TD]
    [TD]$Aus[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Model[/TD]
    [TD]$Aus[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Base[/TD]
    [TD]12,395[/TD]
    [TD]19,253[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Base[/TD]
    [TD]16,995[/TD]
    [TD]16,400[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Base[/TD]
    [TD]21,990[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Touring S[/TD]
    [TD]15,195[/TD]
    [TD]23,602[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Touring S[/TD]
    [TD]19,995[/TD]
    [TD]19,295[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Base Plus ABS[/TD]
    [TD]23,490[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Grand Touring[/TD]
    [TD]16,500[/TD]
    [TD]25,629[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Grand Touring[/TD]
    [TD]21,995[/TD]
    [TD]21,225[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]S Touring[/TD]
    [TD]28,990[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Pikes Peak[/TD]
    [TD]17,250[/TD]
    [TD]26,794[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Pikes Peak[/TD]
    [TD]21,995[/TD]
    [TD]21,225[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]S Sport[/TD]
    [TD]28,990[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

9. Sixteen reasons why I put a deposit on the new model, plus its not a BMW R1200GS

1. Semi Active Suspension - Bosch’s 9ME ABS system same as Panigale
    2. Second spark plug fitted in each cylinder to provide smoother and more efficient combustion.
    3. Fuel injectors re-angled to improve fuelling.
    4. A secondary air bleed system added
    5. Torque boosted by up to five per cent
    6. Improve smoothness and consistency of power delivery.
    7. LED dipped headlights and now stay illuminated on main beam
    8. Screen designed to offer better wind protection, lower noise levels and one hand adjustment.
    9. Upper fairing panel redesigned to accommodate screen changes and provide slightly larger storage compartments
    10. Combine braking system for Touring and Urban modes
    11. Rear brake modified to deal with issues the old model had with weak or non-existent operation due to bleeding problems.
    12. New 10-spoke wheels
    13. Progressive rear spring rated at 85-125N/mm
    14. Switch from Ohlin’s to Sachs suspension components
    15. Seat is longer and so easier to move your weight side to side as well as improving comfort generally.
    16. Much smoother at low revs

10. Out of interest, which model did you put a deposit down on? I'm interested in the Granturismo, but think I'll get an American version please...it's cheaper... ;-)

11. Funny story David. I put a deposit on a red touring but as you can see from my post above Australian prices have not been settled yet and the bikes will not hit OZ until January 2013. I asked SHMBO what colour she liked, the red or the white one. She liked the red and white one, so I guess I can sneak a Pikes Peak into the garage. Now that would be a treat and I wouldn't have to look at the butt ugly screen on the new model.

12. Now that is funny....I asked mine, and she said she'd like a car! ;-) It has turned cold here, so perhaps not the best time to ask.. But she did like the look of the GT, so I guess that's the one I'd go for...and I'd get the PP screen as well, for those days when I want more airflow...oh, hang on, haven't I already been down the multiple screen route? ;-)

The dealer is supposed to be getting their demonstrator some time this year, so I'll be looking at getting a good long test ride in...he seems keen, it does need to be "run in" after all... ;-) Let's see... I agree with all the positive points you mentioned, and would add that you can transfer things like keyless filler cap, exhausts, etc across (should you want to....I do).

13. I take a much simpler approach David. I am not going to bother with a long test ride because I have blind faith in Ducati will not stuffing up a good bike. The lack of "dive" in the front forks under braking will take all of 10 minutes to get used too because I reckon it will be just like my old BMW R1200GS duo lever suspension.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fair point....but my dealer did offer me the chance of a long test, so it seems rude to refuse! ;-)

15. Yep, sounds like a plan, but why don't you drop down to OZ for the UK winter and circumnavigate the island on a rental, that would be a real test drive.

16. That would indeed! It could be a real possibility, depending on work... SWMBO would love that too... ;-) I was in talks with Coles Group to come to Melbourne, but it all fell through... Ah well. ;-)

17. It is easier than that David. Fly to Indonesia get on a leaky boat, head for Christmas Island and the red carpet will be laid out for you. Welcome to hotel Australia.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sold. Just told SWMBO and she loves the idea... If I don't have any work on, I'll seriously look at it. Reminds me, I must contact a couple of people I know (Melbourne & Sydney) to tell them Coles fell through. ...you never know, there may be other opportunities, but it's probably a good idea to actually visit first! ;-)

19. I was thinking, anybody know if the "anti dive" can be turned off or adjusted to taste on the 2013 model?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information