1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Bike Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Ivor, May 11, 2022.

1. Call Bemoto. Works for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. All depends on postcode, age, NCB and what you are trying to insure.

I used Ducati Insurance for years for 2 bikes, one being a Desmo and the other being a Pani... When year on year the price of the policy is heading further north than £1500 it starts to sting, last renewal I was quoted over £1700 for the pair, and the Desmo literally is on display in my house.

Moved to BeMoto, multibike for the Pani and a KTM and insured the Desmo as automotive art for about a 1/3 of what DI were quoting.

3. Thanks, automotive art, another interesting angle

4. This has a much bigger effect than most realise.

5. Is it cheaper than standalone policies and who should i get quotes from?
    Currently im with bennetts but will soon have another bike so 3 need to be insured

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. cheaper one year and then more expensive the next (had multi bike and car policies). all separate now but renew on same day which saves hassle so prob be group policy next. have to shop around every bloody time :worried:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Im with Bemoto for 2 bikes but policy runs out in 3 weeks or so. Insuring the Ducati on its own is about £300 and I know the MV is about £80 but they are trying to charge me £560

8. They always put the quote up each year, but like you I shop around using price comparison sites and they always match the cheapest quote (I do the same with Admiral where I have a multi car policy)

9. In addition to using the usual comparison websites have a look at the TopCashback comparison facility. I have found that often it will mirror what you have found on the usual comparison sites and then give you another £25 or so cashback after a qualifying period. I have just renewed the insurance on my 2001 900 SS ie with Swinton @ £104 fully comp and will shortly be due cashback of £25.

10. I’m with Bennett’s multi bike and have had no complaints at all, even with renewal prices.

11. That's what I found, all separate policies now

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Was with wicked quotes 2 years ago, renewed with someone else this year over £100 cheaper, can't remember who though, on holiday for a week, might have been carol Nash

#33 Ivor, Jul 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  13. I've tried three times now over a five year period and no cheaper than my individual policies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I would also recommend BeMoto, they have insured my two bikes for the last three years at what I consider to be competitive rates. Although, a tracker was compulsory on the Ducati.

15. they're all the same; have to shop around every time and every year a different one is more competitive :confused:

16. Not the cheapest but I insured my 1200 Multistrada, 1098R and Panigale V4 Speciale on a single policy through Cornmarket who partner IAM Road Smart. The underwriter was prepared to do a high combined mileage (12,000) to cover my Observing and an agreed value on the V4 (£38k) and 1098 (£25k). Cost me £1300 in the first year and did actually reduce for the second year. Andy

17. When had 2 x r6's and the V2 multibike worked out about same so kept them seperate - switched to 959, v2 and R6 and was cheaper to do each by quite a big amount.

Luckily had 3 sets of NCB from all the bikes over the year so worked out for me - but if only had one set of NCB multibike would of been the only option

18. I have had several multi bike quotes over the years and for me it’s always way cheaper to shop around for individual bike quotes. I think this year all my bikes are with different companies but that changes year to year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Classic bike insurance (separate policies) is probably the best way to go on your bikes. I have not once had a competitive multi bike quote.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information